Hogwarts Term 11 (8 Week Weight Loss Challenge)

Options
Kisame29
Kisame29 Posts: 9,548 Member
HRS1lEw.gif

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 11th term and we are looking for applicants to join for the new term.

First, some information about what to expect from your term at Hogwarts:

Basics:
  • It is an 8 week term that will run from Monday, August 22nd (with starting weigh-in on Friday, August 19th) through Sunday, October 16th.
  • The term will be themed around the 4th Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), as well as other challenges including some based around the term's theme.
  • All players will be sorted into houses. These are your teams - look to each other for advice, support, and motivation.
  • Each week, players will weigh themselves on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (EST). Weight loss will be totaled up (not by pounds lost, but by percentage, similar to the Muggle television show Biggest Loser) for each house.
  • Houses will be awarded house points based on challenges completed each week.
  • The House Cup will be awarded to the house with the most points at the end of the term!

Benefits:
  • Geek out over all things Harry Potter with like-minded people! The entire challenge is Harry Potter themed, right down to the names of the threads in the group.
  • Make friends and be supported by a fantastic group of people!
  • Get motivated! We'll push you every day with different health-related challenges. Do what you can, and you'll probably find you're more capable than you thought!

For those interested in enrolling in Hogwarts, here is the application form for you to complete: https://hogwartsmfp.typeform.com/to/F3rrPo

We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out on a place at the school. In order to maintain a similar number of students in each house, students may be invited to join houses other than their first choice. If you list a dealbreaker house (or indicate that you only want your first choice), that will be respected, but you will be less likely to get a place at Hogwarts due to space availability. Please be assured that if we are unable to sort you into a house at this stage, we will place you on the wait list for any openings that arise throughout the term.

Once you have been accepted, a prefect will contact you and you will receive an invitation to the School group and your House Common Room here on MFP. Acceptance owls (as well as Wait List owls) are planned to be sent out around Wednesday-Thursday (August 17th/18th) of this week. That being said, feel free to submit an application at any time during this term since it will put you on the wait list.

Hogwarts is an equal opportunity school and has openings available for people with all levels of ability, as well as places for students who are maintaining or gaining weight. There are always modifications allowed on the main tasks to allow students of all fitness levels participate.

Questions may be posted here. I hope to see many of you join us at Hogwarts :)

Sincerely yours,
Kisame29 (Slytherin Prefect)

Replies

• ashleereign
    ashleereign Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • tizzylish1975
    tizzylish1975 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Already submitted my application...leaving my window open so my owl can arrive with my acceptance letter...I can't wait to return to Hogwarts! Go Hufflepuffs!
  • coconutmango16
    coconutmango16 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @tizzylish1975 :)
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The wait is so hard!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, @charelaine! You won't be waiting much longer! :)
  • Jla408
    Jla408 Posts: 1,830 Member
    Options
    I submitted my application, and still haven't heard back. I was wondering if I am in.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    YAY! I was hoping I wouldn't miss this!!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Application submitted - now I wait ! :*
  • JennergyKC
    JennergyKC Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Application in - hoping I get to join again!
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Same--submitted and am hoping to join my fellow Huffles again!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Owls are flying tonight! You'll be receiving acceptance and wait-list messages tonight and into tomorrow. :)
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late, but I put an application in. Maybe I can wait on the Platform.
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Just put my application in hope there's still places available
  • danzrlove
    danzrlove Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Thought I could do two terms back to back. Apparently my house is popular so I'll wait on the waiting list.....it feels a shame to hope something happens to another student so that I can get in.
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @danzrlove, I'm viewing my time on the wait list as standing ready to help whichever house needs us!! Good luck to all!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    @danzrlove and @javame - I am also waiting patiently for a spare place at Hogwarts - all good things come to those who wait.......
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    @apescarbro Apply! Even if you're wait listed it is so fun and helpful.
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Waitlist here!
  • tammymoore24
    tammymoore24 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    I'm waitlisted. :) Waiting patiently.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I applied yesterday (which I know was late); is there anything I should do now?