How do you do it?

Options
Is it possible to place items that you may use the same way, i.e. Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich. It seems a little silly to have to add bread, peanut butter, jelly separately each and every time I make one. To me it would make more sense to allow one to pull from their food list and combine ingredients so all that is required is to hit PB&J and everything is right there. So, how do you do this?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I save it in the "meals" section.
  • roselps
    roselps Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Apparently I am missing something. Is there not a way to pull up my list of foods that I routinely eat and put them together the same way I do every time? I am not following your suggestions of meal and receipe. They ask for brand names and want to look up info on the web. I already have my own database from the foods I have put into the program. I just can't figure out how to shorten the steps so I don't have to add every single ingredient each and every time. Frustrated!
    Think of a Dagwood sandwich!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You don't need to enter anything explicitly. It's quite quick and easy. Here is how it's done on the web app:

qznwm4fgwzma.png

All you need to do after that is name your meal (ex. PB&J), and the next time you need to enter it, you go to the meals tab and pick "PB&J" then add it to your diary. It adds the individual ingredients of that meal and they look exactly as if you added them one by one. You can edit the amounts to your liking too after you add them like you normally would with normally added foods.
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    with regards to entering under my recipes, one annoying thing I found is the search doesn't return items you've entered under "my foods" .... but yes, as the others mentioned, save it as a recipe is one option. I also find that when I select an item, at the bottom it shows "frequently paired foods" so you can just check off the things that always go with it. I find this helpful when sending my diary to my nutrition coach, because if I use the recipe method, there is no way for him to see the specific ingredients. Hope that helps!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of ways to do this. Recent, recipe builder, copy...