Need a future Bariatric Surgery friend for support

Options
Hi all: I am new to this site but am glad I found it. Anyone who is having bariatric surgery within the next year I would love to be and receive support from someone who is going through the same thing. If you are interested, please contact me. Thanks!

Replies

• sairs45112015
    sairs45112015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im new today. Im having bariatric surgery on Sept 20th (gastric sleeve) Not only am i huge (no *kitten* Sherlock) But I got this way after having to give up my active job ( nurse)&lifestyle 10 years ago when I became very ill with Lupus. Pain, immobility and steroids etc worked their magic and i got huge, as result I now have loads of other medication plus 2 types of steroid for life. I can maintain weight with v strict diet but not lose...hence here I am.
    Started walking programme & swimming to try and get as mobile & for as I can before the big day, on 1000 cals 50% protein and only fruit/veg for carbs. Would love a buddy. When is your op and how are things going ? I've just turned 50 btw. But this is the start of a new life .
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I believe there's a support group on here in the group section. I've not had surgery or anything but another member started a thread and shared the link.

Let me see if I can find it and share it with you all. I'll bookmark this thread and check back in a bit. K? :smiley:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I believe there's a support group on here in the group section. I've not had surgery or anything but another member started a thread and shared the link.

Let me see if I can find it and share it with you all. I'll bookmark this thread and check back in a bit. K? :smiley:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?group_group=1&Search=bariatric+surgery+

Finally getting back to the forum to find the link. Here's the results of the search I did within the groups.

I thought I'd give you this link as there are various groups of support for surgery so you all can look them over and find one that suits you best. Good Luck :smiley:@LifeChangesLori

Also @sairs45112015 There are post surgery groups in that link up above as well.
  • ginnymonson
    ginnymonson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 11 years post RNY if you could use a friend to ask questions of, get ideas or just some motivation. I could use some accountability buddies!
  • Karen918
    Karen918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am just starting this journey. I have a doctor appointment on Aug 30. My insurance covers the surgery but I have to do a 6 month medically supervised diet first so I know I won't be having surgery any time soon. I know I meet the other requirements for the surgery and I've been thinking about it for several years. I wouldn't mind being a buddy to someone who is going through it the same time as me.