30lbs down.. not seeing a difference (pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderfully! Listen.. you are losing and I can tell you are smaller. You are just the same shape and smaller. That is what you are discouraged about. I totally understand and many of us have been there. You are losing all over instead of just one place. Keep on track …as you lose more you'll start to get the shape you want.
    It is the injustice of weightless and hard work.. you can't choose where you lose it first. You can do it! :)
  • aahart78
    aahart78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You definitely look like you've lost. You can't compare those pics, one is a distance, one is closer up. The most important part is do you feel better? Don't give up because of a silly mirror!!!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    there is a huge difference, keep those gloves on kiddo, cause every day is a step closer to your goal.... Only last night when I was working out, I thought to myself..."Im never gonna get under 100kg" But then I told myself that I started this journey at 116.9 kg and now I'm 112.9 thats alot closer to 100kg than before! LOL So I decided to keep going and just not quit, cause one day Im gonna wake up and see 99kg =)

My tummy and upper tummy area is alot like yours...but worse!!

Patience really is a virtue =)
  • Fitterbysixty
    Fitterbysixty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There really is a difference, really and truly. Look at the top of your arms and again below the elbow. You've lost several inches there. You've lost some from your face just on the bit we can see from your ear across to your mouth and your stomach is smaller. If you can't tell from the way that your clothes fit would you be able to trust the tape measure? My rear looks just the same size to me but the tape measure says that my hips are 3" smaller and I have two pairs of underpants that fall down.

I also have the baby pouch belly, I stopped wearing a bikini decades ago so it doesn't bother me too much.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I can barely see your face but I can tell by your jaw line that you've lost a lot in your face. You're slimming down all over so you're not seeing the whole picture. You're probably focusing on your tummy. You're looking good. Keep up the good work. :)
  • chasitystiff851
    chasitystiff851 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can tell the difference great job
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Well I can tell a difference. DO NOT GIVE UP!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    BS. You see the difference and you know it. C'mon now. really? Dude.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? If not, I'd suggest starting to track bust, waist & hips at least. Measure once a month or so.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ....After kids i just feel like my mid section will never look good >.< !!!
    Exercise. As a guy I've lost the same amount of weight and it's night and day (at least that's what they tell me) because while the fat is dropping muscles are coming up.
  • vikkihogan
    vikkihogan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look great and good job ... it does take adjustment time after losing weight. It seems that you sometimes see yourself as you used to be and not the fitter, healthier and more toned new you. good luck on this adventure!
  • BottasPharoh
    BottasPharoh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mfp-hvekbyfeqyba.jpeg
    en.vanillaforums.com/editor/zo/rcxqcmsgr5fb.jpeg

Funny you should say this, because I've lost 1 stone and I think you can only tell this on the front facing picture rather than the side facing picture (see attachments) ... Anywho well done that's so well keep going
  • nmashworth
    nmashworth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think you can Deffo see a difference! I lost 56lbs recently but only dropped one dress size, I think I don't see it but people I haven't seen for awhile notice it more. Wish I took measurements now! Well done!
  • momsgottalose2
    momsgottalose2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been taking measurements and i have lost on all of my areas !!
    i just need to get out of my own head some times :) !!!
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have been taking measurements and i have lost on all of my areas !!
    i just need to get out of my own head some times :) !!!

I'm the same way. I'm almost 30 pounds down but I only notice a change when I have clothes on. Just in bra and panties I think I look the same.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!