Needing motivation ASAP

Options
I have been TRYING to use MFP for months. My struggle is I have no motivation. I did WW years ago and lost alot of weight. I have MS and had to quit working. Unfortunately gained all the weight and then some back. Im strugglingto decide if I should spend the $ and join WW again. Has anyone found MFP successful? And what did you do to keep the motivation even when the scale isnt budging?

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'd focus on finding your motivation first. If justifying spent money works, I'd go for it. Otherwise, you don't really need an app at all to just go out there and kick some @$$! You got this.
  • HTS1978
    HTS1978 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this and so far I like it. It's easy to use and it's good that you have people in the same boat that can spur you on. It's also nice in a bit of a weird way to see that others are struggling with the same problems that you have yourself. So for me it's a thumbs up but I'm still inside early days. Best of luck with it
  • mnbcxtghh
    mnbcxtghh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used this app to lose 130lbs once upon a time. Logging the food made me aware of what calories were in the foods. But you have to find your motivation in yourself. You can do it. " Greatness is within!"
  • mnbcxtghh
    mnbcxtghh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Log every food before you eat it. Every time. That's what I do and find myself eating less to keep under my daily goal. Or exercising more if I want more calories to eat. Lol.. Weight loss is a slow process. Do give up.
  • sbubenchik
    sbubenchik Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's actually a great app and much easier than using a hand written log book. If you're honest in your log then it can be a very useful tool. Just like the last post said, it's a slow process.. Marathon, not a sprint. Try to have fun with it and you'll be great!