Light, low-calorie chicken fettucine alfredo

Options
chickenfettucinealfredo.jpg

Servings: 4 - per serving: 375 calories, 44g carbs, 8g fat, 36g protein, 84g cholesterol, 4g sugar. This was my first attempt but will definitely try it again :)

8 oz whole wheat pasta
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup fat free plain yogurt
1/4 skim milk
1/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
1 tsp butter

Boil whole wheat

While pasta is boiling, add cooking spray or a tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet and cook cubed chicken breasts, adding salt & pepper to season. Cook until no longer pink and set aside.

Drain pasta. Using same pan, combine butter, ricotta cheese, skim milk and yogurt; stirring until creamy. Add chicken and then pasta, mixing to coat.

Add a little more fresh pepper to top to season and there ya have it. If you wanted to add a little fresh grated parmesan, remember to include those calories!

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Yum! I may have to try this. I love chicken fettucine alfredo, and I've been running out of ideas for chicken dinners... thanks! :)
  • acarter86
    acarter86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • makeupartist12
    Options
    bump
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    gotta try it!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Not sure what happened, but here's the picture again (I didn't remove it at all).

chickenfettucinealfredo.jpg
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    This is just what I was looking for...a lower cal version of fettucine alfredo. I'm having family over tomorrow night and will be making this. Thanks!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    I'm wondering if I could substitue almond milk for skim milk....?
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I bet almond milk would taste good with the whole wheat pasta. Hope you'll try it and post the results.
  • Lambja
    Lambja Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amadapooky76
    Options
    bump!! Yummm :)
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bump. YUMMY!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    bumping ofr later. Thanks!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    It worked just fine. I tried the sauce recipe last night, using the almond milk, and thought it was quite good. Next time, I'm going to double the recipe as I like more sauce than that. I didn't know how it'd do so I only tried a little, maybe 1T of shredded Parmesan...it works great in the sauce and I'll definitely add more next time. It's just so darned easy. Pour all the stuff in a pan and heat it up. Brilliant.

I tossed in Steamed Broccoli, Boiled Shrimp, Pepitas (cuz pine nuts are waaaay too expensive) and 2 seeded Roma tomatoes. It turned out great.

My steamed broccoli is sooo easy and turns out great everytime...

Microwaveable plate
    Bite sized pieces of Broccoli, (fill the plate for 2 big servings, for one serving, just half the plate and cook 3 minutes only)
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    Dash or two of Garlic Powder
    Drizzle of Olive oil
    Splash of water

Microwave for 4 minutes. Done!

I use a $2.99 plastic plate cover from Target, keeps things from popping in the microwave.
    I bet almond milk would taste good with the whole wheat pasta. Hope you'll try it and post the results.
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Looking forward to try this.
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow, I disappeared and missed all these comments 6 years ago lol