Please share your favorite overnight oats recipes

Options
CathyFullan150
CathyFullan150 Posts: 65 Member
I've heard so much about overnight oats but have never made them. I want to try and whip some up tonight. I bet you all have some amazing recipes. Do you eat it cold in the morning, or must you warm it up? The heat here is dreadful, so I'd love to be able to eat it cold. Many thanks in advance!

Replies

• lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats! It is not necessary to warm them up. My simple go-to recipe is not quite amazing but I find it tasty. 1/2 cup rolled oats w/ 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, and I top it with cinnamon, frozen berries and nut butter. Other additions I have added: chopped pecans, melted coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa powder... Hope you enjoy yours!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Look up the Oatmeal Artist. Personally, I've yet to find a recipe I really loved though :(
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do 1/2 cup rolled oats
    3 ounces blueberry yogurt
    2 tbsp flax seed
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    a handful of frozen blueberries
    1 tbsp. of honey.

I do mine in mason jars. Put the oatmeal, then flax seed, then yogurt, then milk and stir really well, then add blueberries and stir again. Add honey and put the top on and put in the fridge. Then when I get to work I just stir it all really well and add 1/3 cup of granola to the top, or half a banana, or both if I think I will need the calories for the day. I never heat mine up, just put it all in a mason jar and take it from the fridge to work.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    High protein overnight oats: https://dashingdish.com/recipe/brownie-batter-overnight-protein-oatmeal/ I have tweaked the proportions, but this is my usual recipe.
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My go to:
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    1 tbsp ground flax seed
    1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
    1 banana, sliced

Chocolatey, not overly sweet, and only ~400 calories
  • sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    0.50 cup, thawed, Strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
    0.50 cup dry, Old Fashioned Oats
    4 oz, Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
    1 tsp(s), Vanilla extract
    0.25 small, Small Banana
    0.25 cup, Organic Nonfat Plain Yogurt
    1 Tbsp., Peanut Butter
  • sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like to eat mine cold, because Florida is so hot these days.
  • Chubbbs211
    Chubbbs211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup Almond Milk
    3/8 cup lowfat Vanilla yogurt
    1 cup fruit (I use mixed berries)

Put all in a mason jar overnight. Mix in the morning and add 1 tsp. raw honey. Calories are about 325.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Summer Oatmeal.

Quick (NOT INSTANT) Oats

with:

Dried mango, pineapple, coconut
    Vanilla Yogurt mixed with water

or
    Dried Cherries, walnuts, chocolate chips, raw pumpkin seeds
    Vanilla Yogurt mixed with water

Mix dry items, then add wet till soupy. Leave in the refrigerator overnight. You can adjust the texture with milk in the morning if necessary.

Also love this:

Homemade Museli
    Box of Granola
    Equal amount of oats
    Walnuts
    Pumpkin Seeds
    Dry Cherries
    Chocolate Chips

Serve with a dollop of yogurt and any sort of milk.
  • kylohart
    kylohart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chocolate for breakfast?!

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup and a bit of almond milk
    1/2 banana mashed ( i like it chunky)
    1 tbsp cocoa
    1/4 tsp vanilla

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Bircher muesli? It's very similar, but to me, muesli just has a more interesting flavor and texture than plain oats because most mueslis also have wheat, buckwheat, rye and other grains with sunflower or flax seeds and other yummy stuff. Kind of like a granola, but it's not coated in sugar and fat and baked like a granola.

I follow the same general formula most of the time and just switch up the fruit & extracts:
    30g muesli
    100-200g fruit
    200g plain greek yogurt
    Extract & sweetener to taste.

My favorite is tart cherry with almond extract. Blueberry/lemon and strawberry/vanilla are also great.

Frozen fruit works well. If you layer it with the muesli on the bottom, then the frozen fruit, the juice from the fruit will soak the muesli and make it extra yummy when you mix it all together. If I'm using fresh fruit, I sometimes add a splash of milk or almond milk so it isn't quite as thick.
  • CathyFullan150
    CathyFullan150 Posts: 65 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thank you all so much! These all sound so good I don't know which one I'll try. Guess I'll just have to try them all!!!
  • jennypies500
    jennypies500 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started eating overnight oats too because it has been such a hot summer. Sometimes I eat half in the morning and then half later in the day. I make sure to add I tbs chia seeds and 1/3 cup full far Greek yogurt to the 1/2 cup oats. Really keeps me full with fruit and milk of you choice mixed in! Almost always cocoa powder too!
  • MaryHeadley1
    MaryHeadley1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks bunches! Love the oats ideas love yogurt!
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I eat them every day but I never mix all the stuff in in the evening, I only soak my oats in (nut) milk over night, don't put it in the fridge either and then in the morning add whatever I have around, usually bananas, cocoa powder and yogurt but it varies a lot.
    Really, just soak some oats and see if you basically like them and then you can expand to recipes from there.