I think I fell in love... With hiking!

Options
My hubby and I went on a long weekend to gatlinburg, tn. We spent a lot of time hiking in the mountains and it was gorgeous! (Great exercise as well!) I wish I had more places to hike close to home. But I think I found my new favorite hobby! 7t7j4k2qdvq0.jpeg
9e2fqgdg5p63.jpeg
xcgyjcau1ktu.jpeg

Replies

• dani_dahling86
    dani_dahling86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love hiking! It is so fun exploring new places... Such a pretty waterfall :)
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby went on holiday a few weeks ago and did a 13 mile walk along the coastal path to a Coverack and 2 days later a 12 1/2 miles walk to the Lizard, both in Cornwall, UK.

We got to see some gorgeous views that you could only see from these paths and it's a nice to sit and enjoy the view after a big climb.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Hiking is great! Luckily I live near hundreds of hiking trails.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I spent Saturday hiking in the whites in New Hampshire. It was in the 60s and raining sideways above the tree line. I had a blast!!
  • cricket490
    cricket490 Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We travel to Gatlinburg 3-4 times a year to hike in the mountains. It is great exercise that will rejuvenate your mind and body.

Was your waterfall picture taken at Grotto Falls?

My profile picture was taken from a hike in Gatlinburg. Cliff Tops located on Mt. LeConte.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Went hiking with BF and two dogs last weekend.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I grew up near Gatlinburg and my family home is within walking distance of the GSM National Park! I truly believe there is transformative power to be found during a long walk in nature. A big inspiration for my weight loss is to increase my stamina for hiking. So happy you enjoyed my beautiful mountains!
  • CreativeGuy504
    CreativeGuy504 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nice pictures. My family lives in Oregon and every time I go up there for a visit, we get out and go hiking.
  • Eliza6898
    Eliza6898 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have lost 55 lbs since I started my journey and most of it is due to healthy eating and hiking. I have completely fallen in love with it also!!! We tried a few trails and we're in love and have started purchasing gear and hike every weekend now.
  • girlwithfringei
    girlwithfringei Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love hiking! I'm trying to start every day with a short walk (half an hour) with some longer hikes at the weekends. I live in Lancaster, U.K. Which is close to the Lake District so there are lots of pretty hikes around here
  • rebeccavh
    rebeccavh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    cricket490 wrote: »
    We travel to Gatlinburg 3-4 times a year to hike in the mountains. It is great exercise that will rejuvenate your mind and body.

Was your waterfall picture taken at Grotto Falls?

My profile picture was taken from a hike in Gatlinburg. Cliff Tops located on Mt. LeConte.

Yes! Grotto falls! I wish we lived closer. It's about a 10 hour drive from our house there. But id love to get there again to hike more!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hiking is my life, I've been doing it forever, but just finally figured out that you can't out hike eating too much. I hike year round (Montana), get out the ice cleats or snow shoes when needed, carry lots of water for my dog & I and try to get out 3-4 times per week. It's paid off finally...I'm almost 10 pounds under my initial goal weight for the first time in over 30 years. All that being said, I couldn't have accomplished this without the great advice from the many people on MFP.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You need to go to Iceland then! I was there a couple weeks ago- hiker's heaven!!!
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! I love to hike, too. But hubby is too out of shape and my teen boys aren't interested. So I go by myself when I get the chance (and if hubby isn't being a paranoid idiot about bears) and do my Saturday long runs out on the local trails.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wooo...awesome..lots of fun..do it when it rains or snows....sounds a lot different on trails. Am going all the way thru the AT in 3 yrs..wooo
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    @JenHuedy Good for you! My hubby won't go either, the kids are long gone. I carry bear spray all the time for both bears and mountain lions. I also have a Spot GPS in case of a serious problem. I have found I prefer to go alone, quieter that way.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Beth and I just got back from a three day hike in the Pasayten Wilderness. :smile: