Have you ever tried.. hypnosis?

Options
So I have a problem when I go home. For some reason I'll eat great from start of day to end of day. But when I get home and all the food is around me I binge.

I was thinking of going to a hypnotherapist and see if they can't solve my binge eating problems when I get home. I'm certainly having enough food during the day but when I get home from work I just go on a rampage.. and its not like that on the weekends when i'm home all day.

Replies

• helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    isn't there that hypnosis that makes you think you have a gastric band so you feel full. That might be something to look into with regards to hypnosis?
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    You have to figure out what is driving you to binge. I really doubt that it is boredom (if this is what you were going to answer this with). You need to really look at yourself and figure out what emotions you are having, then trying to trace back what is upsetting you? Are you trying to fill some kind of void? Are you missing something in your life? I think your money may be better spent on a licensed therapist, to help you figure out your self, your drives, your coping skills. Just my opinion.
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was doing the same thing and I realized that it was from my job. I was eating my stress. I got a new job and was trying to find a way to juggle my old job (that I hated) with my new job (that is much more hours) and not make either job mad.
    Finally, I just bit the bullet and quit the crap job and I've noticed that I've stopped eating everything in my house.
    Another thing that helped was drinking water. I would eat a lot more when I wasn't getting enough water.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've tried hypnosis three times with three different hypnotist. The only one that worked for me is my first time and during the session I sat in a sofa across from him and he asked me to close my eyes. He read things to me in a very low voice (almost a whisper) and it worked. The other two, I reclined in a recliner and they supposedly put me under which I think is bogus and they spoke to me and recorded what they were saying. I then brought home the recording and listened to it over and over again. Both times it didn't work. The last time I did it, I paid over $1,200 for 12 sessions (for different issues including weight loss) and nothing worked -- I faithfully listened to the recordings. My best advice for you is if you try it -- don't buy a package. Just pay for one session and see if that helps you out some (sometimes it takes more than one session) -- which is what I wished I had done with the first hypnotist.

I hope this all makes sense. Good luck.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Yes. Once. Years ago. I still have this vivid picture in my mind as my 16-year-old self in a bikini my mother made. Did it help me lose weight? No. :tongue:

Google "The Gabriel Method". I think his CD's were worth listening to.

Hollycat
  • justme84x
    justme84x Posts: 66
    Options
    hypnosis is amazing! makes you crave water though lol which is a good thing i guess.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 18 yrs ago thru self-hypnosis tape recordings. I've also bought several self-hypnosis deep relax weight-loss CDs and listen to them frequently. I love them! I think its a good idea to get your sub-conscious working with you on the weight-loss project. The messages are extremely positive and reprogramming your brain to give you encouraging self-talk is a great thing.

I guess I'd try a CD from Amazon before I'd invest in paying for a professional. Whatever you do, I hope it works for you!

good luck and happy eating
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Look into my eyes.....You will not binge when you get home... You will not binge when you get home......:huh:
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you have an iphone I would recommend Lose Weight with Andrew Johnson, it's $2.99 for the app. It's not a bad price at all. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I noticed just today that the past 4 days I haven't craved any sweets, which is amazing for me. In fact I'm not even that hungry.
  • sallycheese
    Options
    i looked into this aswell, i never thought about checking for an app on my phone,i will now though thank you
  • findinglessjess
    Options
    I just bought the app yesterday and started using it. I put it on my pillow and listened to it, since I can't find my earphones thanks to my daughter stealing them lol....I'll let you know how it goes :)