Options
hayburners05
hayburners05 Posts: 6 Member
In need of some new ways to fix pork chops please

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    try making a sauce with tomato, tinned if you don't have many very ripe ones, with onion, pepper, mushrooms and lemon. I think it was chop and gently fry the onions till transparent then add the sliced green pepper or a shaded one and sliced mushrooms add tomatoes and a strip or two of lemon peal, easy to remove before serving, add lemon juice to taste. simmer gently. This even serves well the following day. amounts, as much as you think would be sufficient for the number of people you are feeding. consider other veges being served too.
  • krkillip
    krkillip Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Put them in a freezer bag or container with italian dressing (lite, fat free, regular, it doesn't matter) and marinade them over night. They're best if you cook them on the grill this way because they get that tastey black grill mark flavor around the bones. You can also bake them. For best results, tenderize them before adding the dressing. This is the easiest and tastiest way I've ever had them.
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just made pork chops for dinner last night! After I seared the chops on both sides I made a mushroom sauce with rosemary and garlic. I finished the pork in the sauce. Steamed up a side of green beans to go with them.
  • Leyalin
    Leyalin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    http://tideandthyme.com/chipotle-honey-lime-pork-tenderloin/

I've made this with chops. It's delicious <3

• hayburners05
    hayburners05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you they all sound great!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Pork chops cut into stir fry size pieces, a bag of Great Value broccoli stir fry vegetables, one tbsp oil, two tbsp low sodium soy sauce and Mrs Dash lemon pepper. Stir fry 15 minutes! Enjoy!
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Center cut pork loin recipe, but can be thick cut pork chop. Just adjust time by half.

Salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme. Light spread on meat.
    Preheat over to 325 f degrees
    Brown in skillet. Super high heat if using chops. You want it brown fast. Don't burn. Medium heat for roast, it will not cook through like chops.
    1/2 cup cider vinegar over meat
    2-3 garlic cloves in juice
    Cover and bake 1 hour for roast or about 30 minutes for chops.

Remove pan from oven, uncover and let rest in the juice. 10 min or so. 15 for roast

If using roast, slice thin and arrange back in pan with juice.

Yum!

I put 2peeled corded halfed apples in pan at the beginning of baking, to have a apple sauce type item with pork.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    In a slow cooker:

1 large bottle of ketchup
    1 large bottle of water (use the ketchup bottle)
    1-2 sliced onions
    2-4 lb pork chops
    seasonings if desired (we sometimes put in garlic, salt, and/or pepper, but not always)

Let cook on low until meat is fully done. Serve over mashed potatoes.

Also: http://www.recipegoldmine.com/meatporkchop/golden-gate-chops.html
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to call this - pork and hot pepper sautee, I guess.

Slice into strips, sautee in a little oil, add sliced hot peppers (I make this when I have a lot of Hungarian hots, jalapenos, or banana peppers in the garden) and onions until just soft. Then add a tablespoon or two of tomato paste. It will coat the pork and peppers and start to caramelize a bit. Add some crushed garlic at the end so it doesn't burn, then slowly add a cup or two of chicken stock - simmer and reduce.

This will be spicy - it's up to the pepper really! Also, it's very fast. A few minutes to chop, and about 10-12 total for cooking.
    I serve it with rice or leftover baked potatoes that I cube and fry like homefries. I also slice leftover cook porkchops and just toss them in the sauce. This started as a way for me to use leftovers.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    I don't know what to call this - pork and hot pepper sautee, I guess.

Slice into strips, sautee in a little oil, add sliced hot peppers (I make this when I have a lot of Hungarian hots, jalapenos, or banana peppers in the garden) and onions until just soft. Then add a tablespoon or two of tomato paste. It will coat the pork and peppers and start to caramelize a bit. Add some crushed garlic at the end so it doesn't burn, then slowly add a cup or two of chicken stock - simmer and reduce.

This will be spicy - it's up to the pepper really! Also, it's very fast. A few minutes to chop, and about 10-12 total for cooking.
    I serve it with rice or leftover baked potatoes that I cube and fry like homefries. I also slice leftover cook porkchops and just toss them in the sauce. This started as a way for me to use leftovers.

giphy.gif
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    pork chops+ packet of ranch powder mix+can of cream of mushroom soup+crockpot=Awesome
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Just add some Szechuan seasoning to each side when you're pan-frying them and then eat them with whatever sides you feel like or have handy.

Quick and tasty.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just add spicy mustard to mine
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    1-2 pounds pork chops
    1 can cream of mushroom (I doubled this to make it stretch a little more)
    1 can cream of celery
    1 onion

cut onion through in Crock pot
    throw in pork chops (bone in or out)
    Add both soups.

Cook on low 7-10 hours

Take bones out (Should fall right off) Cut up pork in soup mix)

Serve over
    rice
    noodles
    or mashed potatoes

Sometimes I add in fresh mushrooms.

Delicious, quick and easy.