110 pound loss to a healthy weight in about a year

Options
2»

Replies

• MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    patesq wrote: »

One benefit I didn't realize would occur is that I can handle the summer weather more easily. I used to really detest the summer because of how unbearable the heat and humidity are where we live. Without that extra 110 lbs of insulation, I'm handling this summer much better, even the days where we have heat advisories. I still prefer winter weather but at least the summers are more bearable.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my journey and I hope everyone else finds success on theirs.

First of all, your whole story is awesome. You've put in a lot of hard work and you look fantastic, but this piece right here just gave me hope!

LOL, I absolutely cannot sleep when it is in the 70s in the summer. I've lost 30lbs and it's getting better, but if I can be at goal next summer I think I'll be feeling alright. It's 100 here today and I'm looking forward to next year.
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I started at 247 and am now 135ish. I'm 5'6". And I forgot to mention but I was 51 years old when I started so this can be done at a somewhat advanced age. Yes, if I can do it, you can too! I have no idea what finally got me motivated - I have/had no health issues - but hubby and I wandered up to the local gym one day last summer, joined and I never looked back.
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    patesq wrote: »

One benefit I didn't realize would occur is that I can handle the summer weather more easily. I used to really detest the summer because of how unbearable the heat and humidity are where we live. Without that extra 110 lbs of insulation, I'm handling this summer much better, even the days where we have heat advisories. I still prefer winter weather but at least the summers are more bearable.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my journey and I hope everyone else finds success on theirs.

First of all, your whole story is awesome. You've put in a lot of hard work and you look fantastic, but this piece right here just gave me hope!

LOL, I absolutely cannot sleep when it is in the 70s in the summer. I've lost 30lbs and it's getting better, but if I can be at goal next summer I think I'll be feeling alright. It's 100 here today and I'm looking forward to next year.

I have to take jackets with me everywhere I go! The really fun thing is that I found some on sale for $3.99 in the kids section and an XL fits! I stocked up so I can keep one in each of our cars and in acouple of spots around the house. It's a very welcome, unexpected benefit. We're under a heat advisory yet again today. How many days until October?
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! Thanks for sharing <3
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Great work, thank you for sharing your success story!
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! What an inspiration!!!
  • katielynn107
    katielynn107 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great story! You should be proud, you look healthy and happy!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    first off I am proud of your success very inspiring! It took me a year just to lose 50lbs. but I did it! How did you go on to lose 100lb in a year? I am scratching my head how to do that! I have about a hundred to go yet.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    awesome work!!
  • TitaniumTexan
    TitaniumTexan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your inspirational story with us!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing your story. You look amazing!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Good job! Lookin' good, girl!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This is awesome you look great! Congrats on all your loss and hard work dedication and discipline that went into this!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Totally Love to see success stories, particularly ones as inspiring as this. You are awesome <3
  • hummingbird92548
    hummingbird92548 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration.
  • rebelcrush
    rebelcrush Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! So inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!