Oh no!

Options
Somehow I gained four pounds back in the last few days! I dont get it, I was just losing weight and then all the sudden I'm back up to 133! Really discouraged cause I'm trying to get to my goal weight by spring break when I go on vacation. Any suggestions on what's going on and how to fix it?

Replies

• PixieDust2828
    Options
    Somehow I gained four pounds back in the last few days! I dont get it, I was just losing weight and then all the sudden I'm back up to 133! Really discouraged cause I'm trying to get to my goal weight by spring break when I go on vacation. Any suggestions on what's going on and how to fix it?
  • healthychic
    Options
    I know that your weight usually tends to fluctuate between 3 and 4 pounds. Maybe that is why, or it could have been water weight you lost, and you gained it back.

just a suggestion, see what others say :smile:
    -Danielle
  • mingie
    Options
    I think that the other person was right, IT probable is water weight. Maybe you could try eating an apple a day. It helps with water retention. I'm sure you will get there. Good Night:smile:
  • dannielle
    dannielle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In one of the recent episodes of Biggest Loser...(I am a fanatic watcher...and you really can learn a lot from the show). The team that gained weight was due to the fact that they didn't eat enough calories. I am not sure of your routine or anything but if you are working out and not eating enough your body will store whatever it can. It will slow down down your metabolism and cause you to gain weight. It could also be water weight as suggested earlier. I am no doctor, but I do know you need to maintain healthy eating habits and get the right calories for your body if you are working out.....hope this helps.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Also if you have too much sodium in your diet it can cause weight to pop up and the scale to move up. As well as water retention, your period etc...there can be many reasons. Don't get discouraged...I know it is hard many of us can feel the pain! Good luck!

dd
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Have you been exercising? You maybe gaining muscle
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My first guess would be you burned off all the easy weight and now you are building muscle.
    All of the other suggestions are possible too, I didnt think of those, way to go team, haha.
  • PixieDust2828
    Options
    Thanks y'all that helps!