1lb in 28 days?

Options
I have returned after loosing about 5 stone a few years ago. Have put 2st back on have stuck to my fitnesspal for about 28 days I have logged everyday with 100% accuracy everything weighed and measured. 1300 calories per day yet in this time - nearly a month I have only lost about 1lb? Any ideas?

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food diary, but are you sure you're weighing and measuring EVERYTHING on a food scale? like condiments, spices, liquids, butter, etc?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
  • dragon_girl26
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Also, are you selecting the correct entries from the database? A lot of times it comes down to logging errors. The MFP database is user maintained, and the entries are very often inaccurate. This includes the green verified checkmarked entries, and the barcode scanning. Are you doublechecking everything before you enter it in your diary?
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My friend is going through the same thing. The only suggestion you will receive will indicate that you HAVE to be doing something wrong. I am still not convinced that a reduction of calories no matter what food you eat is always the correct way. BUT you will get plenty of responses that differ. Good luck. Prepare yourself lol.
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? If so 1300 would not be enough. I was eating between 1200-1400 and was burning to much and my body had nothing to fuel it. I gained weight. Now I eat 1500 on lazy days and other days I work out I eat back half my burned calories. Try upping calories a little. And also research "under eating"
  • dragon_girl26
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ^^^Also, no. The answer to "why am I not losing weight" is never "eat more". If OP were undereating, it wouldn't be good nutritionally, but she would still be losing weight.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? If so 1300 would not be enough. I was eating between 1200-1400 and was burning to much and my body had nothing to fuel it. I gained weight. Now I eat 1500 on lazy days and other days I work out I eat back half my burned calories. Try upping calories a little. And also research "under eating"

sure you have to fuel your body BUT,if you gained weight it was due to your body holding onto water and glycogen to help your muscles,or you werent weighing and eating more than you think. if you were eating 1300 and burning quite a bit it would make your deficit higher and you would have lost weight not gained it. those who undereat for long periods of time their metabolism may slow a bit,but its not going to cause weight gain. if that were the case they could have starving children exercise while eating very little to gain weight.
  • kingswaychi
    kingswaychi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks all
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,718 Member
    Options
    If you only weighed yourself twice during this time period you have no way of knowing if your 1lb estimate is correct.

Your first observation may have been on a high or low day and the second the same.

A 5lb swing either way can easily appear to be 1lb under such circumstances.

The solution is more frequent weigh ins under similar conditions every day and the use of a trending weight web site or application.