Nutri bullet

So I bought a nutri bullet as I thought it might help in my aid with weight loss. Has anyone else got one or following a diet plan with it?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I have one and it's great to make smoothies, but it doesn't aid with weight loss. You don't need a diet plan. You lose weight by having an appropriate, sustained, calorie deficit.
  • leannecnry332
    leannecnry332 Posts: 31 Member
    But if I'm getting all my nutrients from the bullet and logging all the ingredients if that puts me in a calorie deficit then I should lose weight right?
  • kommodevaran
    You can prepare your food any way you like.
    If you have a sustained calorie deficit, you lose weight.
    If you have set your calorie goal correctly, and you log correctly, and you hit your calorie goal (+/- 50) every day, you lose weight.
    It's hard to get in all the nutrition you need via the Nutribullet, because it's not very suitable for meat and fish.
    It's hard to stick to an all-liquid diet.
    It's important for success, that you stick to your calories.
  • leannecnry332
    I'm only replacing breakfast and lunch Then having a healthy dinner
  • kommodevaran
    edited August 2016
    I would never do that myself, but if you like to eat that way, and get in enough of everything you need and not too much of anything, it will work.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    But if I'm getting all my nutrients from the bullet and logging all the ingredients if that puts me in a calorie deficit then I should lose weight right?

Yes, but you could also put those nutrients straight in your mouth and exactly the same would happen. Make sure you weigh the ingredients too.
  • leannecnry332
    I do weigh everything, a smoothie tends to fill me up more so that's what I prefer plus you wouldn't eat on your plate spinach, fruit, coconut oil/peanut butter etc etc so for me to get my vitamins and good fats etc etc its an easy tasty way to get your nutrients
  • kommodevaran
    That sounds great. I don't use coconut oil, but I do make spinach soup and use spinach in casseroles, I enjoy three servings of fruit per day, and peanut butter is a great addon to apples or oranges - but whatever floats YOUR boat :)
  • leannecnry332
    Well I'm just hoping it helps me with my goal
  • kommodevaran
    Well I'm just hoping it helps me with my goal

What exactly do you mean by that? (Just curious, because it sounds cryptical. You don't have to answer ;) )
  • leannecnry332
    Well because if I eat food the portions seem really small an im hungry really quickly but if I have a smoothie an put say chia seeds or protein powder etc in it I'm fuller for longer so I won't feel the need to eat something else
  • kommodevaran
    Ah, that makes sense. Nice to hear you have found out some useful tricks. I like to hear what works for different people. (Not that you are that "different", lol :p )
  • leannecnry332
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    I've had one since August and it's a great tool but it's not something to base a diet plan around in itself. If you replace two meals with smoothies you're gonna get bored realllllllly quick, stop, and probably regain what you lost. I've used it as an addition to what I was eating. I'll eat a light breakfast and I'd have a juice made of green vegetables because the calories would fit in to my plan that day.