Lunch/Dinner Ideas?

Options
clee1898
clee1898 Posts: 28 Member
I'm currently stuck on the same lunch and dinner ideas and I need to step out of my box and try new foods and recipes!
I need something pretty simple and particularly higher in proteins and fats because I struggle to hit those.
Suggestions?

Replies

• wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use a tikka masala simmer sauce you should be able to find easily in a crock pot with skinless chicken thighs on high for 4 hours. If you're low on fats, you could add coconut milk to it as well to give you a bit more. easy to make and fills both the protein and fat category ;P
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    What are you currently making?

My favorite dinners are simple. I sprinkle some ranch seasoning (the packet not the liquid) on chicken or pork then grill them. I pair this with steamed vegetables & viola a dinner that's easy to make, tasty & high in protein. Another option is to marinade them in Italian dressing. (Not sure how you measure the calories because I pour most of the dressing down the drain after the meat sat in it for hours)

I make a Mexican lasagna with lots of beans & fresh vegetables. You can even substitute some of the layers of tortillas with long thin strips of zucchini

I made a vegetable curry a while back just to see if I would miss the meat. I didn't.

The internet is great . . . ask Google for recipes.
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Chili is a simple meal to make. I have made one with ground turkey recently but sometimes I just use different types of beans. When I made the ground turkey one, I mixed it with pinto beans and kidney beans. You can add whatever else you like in it and it makes quite a few servings.
  • mbryant322
    mbryant322 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    fish avocado tacos...just google it :)
  • dedicatedjenny
    dedicatedjenny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who recently had weight loss surgery gave me a recipe for Kilbasa. It has turkey kilbasa, bell pepper (I try to use all colors), onions, and baby potatoes. It's very easy to make especially if you have a little time to through dinner together quick.