Starting new...again today

Options
I'm starting over for the idk 100th time. If you're starting new or just want to help encourage me or others feel free to add me.

Replies

• CindyMarie_
    CindyMarie_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I used to be a very active MFP member a few years back, lost weight, ventured off to other tracking apps, saw no success, and so I am back. And in need of motivation and looking to motivate others as well, please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I also just started again. The first time, I did great and then got pregnant so I stopped because it was a difficult pregnancy. The second time was right after she was born, then just didn't have the motivation. Resarted again yesterday and am determined to lose the weight. :) Best of luck to you! We can do it!
  • sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there, started end of June and just feeling I'm getting the hang of it. It's great everyone is encouraging and it really helps. Good luck just ask a most of the time someone will have an answer. Good luck you'll do it Sheena :)
  • darvit207
    darvit207 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just started back again yesterday. Lost track of how many times but that doesn't matter. I'm moving forward one day at a time! We can do this!!
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think of restarting as a time to cure summer excesses - you may know what I mean. Beer on the beach or as a reward after working in yard in summer heat, mussels w/ sour-dough bread in outdoor restaurant at end of a summer day, all that stuff. Time to clean the system and get ready for cold weather!
  • Asbath311
    Asbath311 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I trust that you can do it. As mentioned before, consistency is key, though it is hard. I'm starting all over again...again. The difference is starting again smarter than before. I wont sugarcoat it (sugarcoating things is the reason I'm here again), but it will be hard. You've got people to support you and we can all do this together!
  • darvit207
    Options
    Hello all! Just thought I'd check in. Tomorrow will be my 2 week mark. I'm down 2 lbs as of Thursday. I have a lot of room for improvement. Focused on portion control & logging everything my first two weeks. Reading the food labels & calorie counts has kept me from eating several things .... change takes time. It's been a busy couple of days & we ate out a lot which was a challenge. I need to get back on track today. Hope you all are doing well!

Dar Taking one day at at time in PA
  • teamvictorcosta
    teamvictorcosta Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    First time posting. It's been slow going this time around, so I'm trying this forum for support. My goals this week are to log every bite and sip, exercise 4-5 days and check in here daily! PS crazy paranoid the world will see my weight and other vitals so scared to death to post pix etc...!
  • 46CS
    46CS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone. :)
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Request sent!
    Starting over for the millionth time myself, so I feel your frustration. Depression has kicked my butt over the years, so I'd fall into this pattern where I'd pull myself together and lose some weight, then sink back into depression, not care about anything, and gain it all back.

But I've been taking care of myself and I'm ready to do this for real!! Best of luck, one day at a time. You got this.
  • tdemattia
    tdemattia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Yes, starting again. Just gained about 6 pounds back but want to stop now so I don't keep gaining. For me 6 pounds is really tough to lose. I have been off all summer and going back to work tomorrow and hope my old work schedule will help me to be disciplined. This program has helped me in the past. It's a new beginning! Looking for some chat buddies for support.
  • adelinatevesrevis
    adelinatevesrevis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can and will do it. You're getting fit for your 3 but more importantly for YOU! You deserve this. I'm right along with you and I know more often than not it feels overwhelming for the 100th time but better the 100th time than not at all. This time focus on what makes you feel good about yourself, even if it's the littlest thing. Think about what derails you and try to build a support system to overcome it. I had the most success when I had all my bases covered and really strived to understand myself. 1) I internalize everything, I'm highly self-critical 2) I'm addicted to food (yes, it's a thing). I'm a compulsive overeater and use food as my go to coping mechanism 3) biology - I have a slow to no metabolism 4) No self discipline but a people pleaser 5) Health problems - #1 I'm diabetic, classified as "morbidly" obese at one point, back and joint pain 6) Exercise ignorant. I was spiraling downhill fast so I put together a strong support system to include Drs for the Health issues, a Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, Counselor and my Family - surrounded myself with people working to help me get out of my head and my old body. It takes a lot of introspection and maintenance and money but the rewards have been 10fold. I've let the ball drop (unfortunately there's no getting past this being a lifelong conscious effort) but today, right along with you I'm picking the ball back up and will begin building that support system again. A little differently this time, because I'm different but not so much that I don't realize I still need one. All the best to you, to me and to all those other folks starting over. Hugs.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    churrie wrote: »
    I started yesterday and made it! Success, one day at a time. I think its important to not get too far ahead of yourself and just focus on the here and now. Make today a successful one.

For anyone in the cycle of starting, falling off and re-starting, no one needs to tell you what to do; you know.

The challenge, which baffles humanity, is how to override your emotional immediate "wants" with your logical longer-term "shoulds." The easiest way is self-evident: find a way to "want" what you "should."

Start with today. Follow churrie's advice and "focus on the here and now." Start with today. Win today, and prove to yourself that you can win today, then take that same strategy and win tomorrow.

If you find a small expression that resonates with you (such as "Win today"), write it big on a sheet of paper and display it somewhere you can see it every day (like the bathroom mirror or the refrigerator).
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too. A few years ago I lost 60 lbs and I gained most of it back. Add me for support and motivation. Looking forward to a new journey.
  • LisaSunshine17
    LisaSunshine17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Like Melysa1988, I lost about 60 lbs (nearly 5 years ago). But slowly and surely, I gained it back. I love food, I love beer, simple as that. I've been on and off this site many times, with friends and without. Private diary and public. Sharing my frustrations and hiding my food binges.

To me, it's not restarting, its a shift of focus. One day at a time, one snack, one drink, one laugh at a time. I am doing this for me, and to make me feel better about myself.

This isn't for a bikini body, this is to take off 5 lbs, then another 5, and another, etc til I slowly feel good at how I look in the mirror. It's not a specific weight, it's a feel. I want to bend over to pick something off the ground without a grunt, climb up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing, lift something heavy and feel proud at what I've accomplished. Please- people that want to- add me, I think that to make this a success we need friends and support.
  • darvit207
    Options
    Like Melysa1988, I lost about 60 lbs (nearly 5 years ago). But slowly and surely, I gained it back. I love food, I love beer, simple as that. I've been on and off this site many times, with friends and without. Private diary and public. Sharing my frustrations and hiding my food binges.

To me, it's not restarting, its a shift of focus. One day at a time, one snack, one drink, one laugh at a time. I am doing this for me, and to make me feel better about myself.

This isn't for a bikini body, this is to take off 5 lbs, then another 5, and another, etc til I slowly feel good at how I look in the mirror. It's not a specific weight, it's a feel. I want to bend over to pick something off the ground without a grunt, climb up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing, lift something heavy and feel proud at what I've accomplished. Please- people that want to- add me, I think that to make this a success we need friends and support.

Well said! You expressed my feelings almost perfectly. My motto is one day - one step at a time. We can do this! We will get better & we will feel better!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I am starting over (again) as well. I lost about 80 lbs here a few years ago, but then due to medical weirdness I had to stop. I gained about 30lbs back again in the few years since. I've lost 20 lbs of it over the course of the last several months, but my motivation is severely lacking right now. So I have taken this week to see what I need to do and how I need to set my schedule to make things happen for success this time. My schedule gets wonky and I use that to be my excuse of why I "can't" work out or why I didn't prep my food for the next day, etc. I am determined to shift my focus so that what I'm doing will not only be good for myself but also become a natural thing. (The getting up early is going to SUCK until I'm used to it though). I could definitely use all the motivation and encouragement I can get and I'm more than willing to give it back! Feel free to friend me!