Slowly losing my good habits

Options
Ever since my tendinitis and my other ankle strained I have slowly just lost focus I hate it. Not working out in the mornings anymore don't waking up when I need to I'm getting into a bad cycle now. Just don't know how to break it. Please help.

Replies

• frontrunner88
    frontrunner88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just start small. Something is better than nothing. That person looking back at you in the mirror knows you can do it.
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Only quitters quit. Those who want something really bad, will go after it harder than they want it.

Example: a kid at a store asks mom /dad for a toy. They say no, the kids goes and gets it, brings it back to parent and explains all the functions on and all the sweet things it can do. Most of the time the kid gets the toy.

How bad do you want those healthy habits? You can do anything you want to. Just don't let 1 bad day destroy a weeks worth of work. Get back up and go after it tomorrow. Every day is a new day. Every day is a chance to change. All you have to do is try.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Are we talking just exercise which you can't do because of the ankle injuries or weight loss in general? Exercise isn't required for weight loss. Put the majority of your focus on that for now.

There are upper body exercises you can do that won't put any stress on your injuries. Just do a web or Youtube search and you're bound to find lots of them.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Last 9 months I've been plagued with injury. Torn adductor. No leg work out. Wrist injury. No upper body.
    No offense, but do you have all your limbs? Are you a paraplegic and live every day in a wheel chair? Suffering from any motor neuron disease where your body Is slowly shutting down?
    DONT be a victim. Look at the bigger picture mate. Look at the paraolympics coming up. These athletes have DISABILITIES. And get out of bed every day, train and are now world class.
    Now get your *kitten* out of bed, stop being a victim and think what CAN you do whilst your TEMPORARY injury restricts you????? Well ...what ARE you going to do???? Hmm???
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Neanbean13 wrote: »
    Last 9 months I've been plagued with injury. Torn adductor. No leg work out. Wrist injury. No upper body.
    No offense, but do you have all your limbs? Are you a paraplegic and live every day in a wheel chair? Suffering from any motor neuron disease where your body Is slowly shutting down?
    DONT be a victim. Look at the bigger picture mate. Look at the paraolympics coming up. These athletes have DISABILITIES. And get out of bed every day, train and are now world class.
    Now get your *kitten* out of bed, stop being a victim and think what CAN you do whilst your TEMPORARY injury restricts you????? Well ...what ARE you going to do???? Hmm???

do you get money from mfp everytime you use the world victim in your posts?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Berthony25 wrote: »
    Ever since my tendinitis and my other ankle strained I have slowly just lost focus I hate it. Not working out in the mornings anymore don't waking up when I need to I'm getting into a bad cycle now. Just don't know how to break it. Please help.

What about swimming?
    otherwise until you can exercise concentrate on your calorie intake
    if you give up now you will just put weight back on
    if you cant reduce your calories at the moment, at least eat at maintenance so you dont put on any weight
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Berthony25 wrote: »

just resume as if you never had this bad cycle. I went from 285 to 225 and then i started to lessen my cardio and then my eating habits got worse and then i weighed myself less and less adn then suddenly gained 40lbs in 3 months. But i knew i previously went from 285 to 225 so i knew i could lose it again and i just picked up where i had left off and within 7 months went from 265 to 200.