Calling all GLUTEN FREE PALS, let's FRIEND one another!

Options
I think I may have a wheat intolerance and I want to cut out wheat from my diet. Anyone following a gluten free diet want to friend me? I would love to see your diaries and get some ideas and inspiration to continue this way of eating.

My symptoms from a possible wheat intolerance....
-eczema
-lethargy
-gas (ahem)
-bloatedness
-water retention
-sinuses feels "stuffy"

Anyways, I'm just trying this out for a few weeks to see if eating gluten free works to remove my symptoms.

FRIEND ME!

Replies

• imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence, i was just doing a search for this on the message boards. I live gluten free because my 15 year old son was finally diagnosed a year and a half ago with gluten intolerance. i don't have to eat this way myself but I do follow the diet for him.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I've been eating gluten free for about a week, because I'd like to see if it helps. You can view my diary, it's public.
  • BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Options
    imjustlisa--that's good that you are helping your son by also eating this way. gluten is not really something your body needs anyways!
  • checoo
    checoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started a gluten free diet at the beginning of this month after becoming inflammed with eating whole wheat. I have an autoimmune thyroid issue and I discovered that there's a strong link to gluten sensitivity in being a part of the issue. Since I went gluten free, feel so much better and lost 6 pounds this month. I hadn't been able to lose an ounce in the past two years. I have less random pain, no swelling, no fatigue, and it even looks like my hair is starting to grow in thicker. All of these are thyroid issues that could be caused by gluten.

Although I've been gluten free, my diet has been very boring and bland. I only have time to cook on the weekends and I usually do fish and vegetables. I'm off to a good start, but I need to plan my menus on the weekends so I can have better meals during the week. I'm open to ideas.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've known about my intolerance since January and i'm still stumbling through it.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I try to refrain from grains, dairy**, soy and sugar; this diet is variously referred to as hunter-gatherer, paleo, archivore, stone-age, evolutionary, primal, etc. Take your pick. My diary is open and I find this very doable. It's proven (for me) to be a healthy choice even aside from weight loss.

**occasionally eat greek yogurt
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to wheat, dairy, yeast, lettuce and other stuff. Feel free to friend me as well - we have all.kind.of food allergies in my house!
  • Timewillshow
    Timewillshow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had celiac since early in elementary school, and I'm going into my last year of college now. I'm gluten and casein-free, so if anyone wants support or to just talk to someone who understands, feel free to message me. It can be tough, but if going gluten-free makes you feel better, it's a pretty amazing thing.
  • rhomor
    rhomor Posts: 39
    Options
    ME!!! I have Celiac Disease, full blown! Really sucks. I was a teeny tiny person until I was diagnosed. I had done sooo much damage to my body that my intestines and digestive system were not absorbing any food at all. I though I had great metabolism and that I could just eat anything. Turns out, I was wrong. hahahah. Oh well. So, after 4 years of eating gluten free I have gained 50-ish pounds, which is why I am here. I used to get crazy hives all the time and have not had any breakouts at all!

My symptoms were/are:
    Hives!! Giant and morphing
    excessive fatigue-sleeping 14+ hours a day
    rash
    bloating
    constipation (TMI, Sorry)
    diarrhea (TMI, Sorry)

I don't really know any people who have gluten problems so it is really nice to connect! Also, I have been looking for help losing weight but none of the weight loss programs like Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig will take you with Celiac disease. *sigh*

I am very optimistic about MFP and I just started the 30 Day Shred.

Good luck all!

Feel free to friend me!