Not sure if this goes here....anyone have issues with "chub rub"?

Options
So...I'm not exactly the smallest person ever. As of my last weigh-in, I still have about 75 pounds to lose until I hit my goal. Needless to say, I have thighs. They rub together when I walk. On days when I wear pants, this isn't a problem, as there is material to ease the rubbing. Here is my issue...

At work, I have a business casual dress code, so I wear a lot of fairly lightweight maxi dresses (especially now when it's 90+ with high humidity...it's not uncommon for our "Real Feel" temp to be above 100 degrees). I don't like the lines that come with wearing shorts under my dresses; I am actually really self-conscious about them. What are some other ways to keep the skin on my inner thighs from rubbing together when I walk? In pants/capris, I can walk an 18-19 minute mile (I know, not very fast, but it's better than when I started!), but in a dress, that pace slows to about 22-23 minutes because of the rubbing. I don't know how much of it is caused by the friction and how much of it is discomfort (if I go too long ignoring the discomfort, I end up with raw spots...ouch!).

I have noticed that for the most part, this is a very helpful community, so I hope you guys have some tips I may be able to utilize!!!! Thanks so much in advance! <3:)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lanacane
  • daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I discovered bandalettes and they're life savers. They really help me when I wear dresses, and they look really cute.
    http://www.bandelettes.com/
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    When I walk I sweat enough that friction isn't an issue...guess there's an upside to being a sweaty mess...however, some of the tips my friends have used include wearing the thicker pantyhose, wearing knee length leggings, using baby powder, and there are actual bands made for this issue called bandalettes...
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of products out there to help your thighs glide past each other. My favorite is secret shield from Etsy however you can buy a similar product called Glide from sporting goods stores. Secret shield works much better imo, but Glide is more easily accessible.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    body glide. runners use it to avoid chafing. i like it because it lasts awhile and does not stain clothes. and it is clear. i use the "natural" version
  • hmltwin
    hmltwin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    One product I saw mentioned was pettipants - sort of like a petticoat (slip) but with legs. I found them while looking for bloomers (for modesty when I wear skirts on the windy plaza near my workplace). They are thinner than regular shorts would be, since they're basically slip material, but it have the same effect. My sister has slip shorts that she picked up at Walmart, which are similar but are a closer fit.
  • amymurray12282
    amymurray12282 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!!!!!!! :)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    body glide and bandelettes are what i use. bandelettes are awesome! but sometimes i wear shorter dresses and if i don't want them peeking out i will use body glide and it works like a charm. small enough to fit in a discreet pocket of my purse.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Can't you use deodorant?
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If you can't find Body Glide, try Monistat Anti-Chafing gel. It's available in the feminine products section of most stores.
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    There are shorts similar to Spanx called Skimmies and they're made by Jockey. Not nearly as tight as Spanx, they're more to smooth things out than suck things in, and they go to mid-thigh. I wear them all the time with dresses and skirts (wearing them right now actually!) and have never had a problem with visible lines. They're available up to size 2X.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    There are shorts similar to Spanx called Skimmies and they're made by Jockey. Not nearly as tight as Spanx, they're more to smooth things out than suck things in, and they go to mid-thigh. I wear them all the time with dresses and skirts (wearing them right now actually!) and have never had a problem with visible lines. They're available up to size 2X.

I second this suggestion! I wear these all the time and you can't see the lines under my dresses. I love them!
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I cut down old leggings for this issue.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Deodorant works surprisingly well. Not anti perspirant, has to be deoderant. I rub it on the part of my thighs that rub together every time I wear a dress. No more rubbing my thighs raw (thank goodness).
  • shan11180
    shan11180 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Can't you use deodorant?

This!! Deodorant works great! :)

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I cut down old leggings for this issue.

I do the same thing or use Body Glide.

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    When I was 90lbs heavier, even glide products, pantyhose and deodorant didn't work for me, but knee length spanx and bicycle shorts did.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    body glide for women is an almost identical product to original body glide but with the usual "for women" price mark-up.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    If you can't find Body Glide, try Monistat Anti-Chafing gel. It's available in the feminine products section of most stores.

I love the Monistat Anti - chafing gel. It works wonders.