Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Body fat % estimate please?

2»

Replies

• joseph4230
    joseph4230 Posts: 80 Member
    joseph4230 wrote: »
    isn't this the same guy that has posted a bunch of other threats...he's 6'+ and like 126lbs - severely underweight. listent to the comments you received in the other threads and get some help!

I'm 5ft 7in and 134lbs I only want an estimate and some advice to lose the last bit of fat/adding muscle/seeing abs fully etc.

Lift at a small surplus and lift heavy. Stop worrying about being able to pinch a bit of skin, everyone can do that.

OK that's what I'll do I just want to lose 1 more pound of fat which will be done by Monday 29th then from 29th I'll do a small surplus and lift heavy. What weight do you think I should go up to as I'll be 9st 7lb by 29th? And will I gain any fat when eating at a small surplus whilst lifting heavy and how much of a surplus?

Also how would I go about having a weekly cheat day when in a surplus? Thanks
  • joseph4230
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Honestly I think you look skinny from those shots but it is almost impossible to tell because they are close cropped, tilted and do not look flexed or unflexed

Maybe ready for a bulk cycle?

OK I will do a slow clean bulk from 29th, will I gain any fat from it if in a small surplus whilst lifting heavy? And what will actually happen will I gain muscle? Thanks
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
  • joseph4230
    Wouldn't I be better with a body recomp where I stay the same weight but gain muscle or something?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    isn't this the same guy that has posted a bunch of other threats...he's 6'+ and like 126lbs - severely underweight. listent to the comments you received in the other threads and get some help!

I'm 5ft 7in and 134lbs I only want an estimate and some advice to lose the last bit of fat/adding muscle/seeing abs fully etc.

Lift at a small surplus and lift heavy. Stop worrying about being able to pinch a bit of skin, everyone can do that.

OK that's what I'll do I just want to lose 1 more pound of fat which will be done by Monday 29th then from 29th I'll do a small surplus and lift heavy. What weight do you think I should go up to as I'll be 9st 7lb by 29th? And will I gain any fat when eating at a small surplus whilst lifting heavy and how much of a surplus?

You're the kebab guy, aren't you?

Why would you need a cheat day if you're already eating in a surplus?

Yes you will gain some fat.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    You do not appear to need to lose weight. You will always have fat on your body and need to have it to live. What you should do is lift heavy and get lots of protein in your diet. Get yourself in a calorie surplus and build some muscle on your frame. Being fit is a journey and takes time. Build yourself up some and then if you want to lean out you can work on it some.
  • joseph4230
    edited August 2016

You're the kebab guy, aren't you?

Why would you need a cheat day if you're already eating in a surplus?

Yes you will gain some fat.

Lol I can sometimes be the kebab guy it depends when I want one lol :wink:

Because I thought to gain minimal fat it needs to be a clean bulk or can it be a clean/dirty bulk where I get my minimum protein and get the rest of my surplus calories in dirty junk foods would this be fine? Then I wouldn't need cheat days as you said. I've heard of IIFYM?
  • joseph4230
    You do not appear to need to lose weight. You will always have fat on your body and need to have it to live. What you should do is lift heavy and get lots of protein in your diet. Get yourself in a calorie surplus and build some muscle on your frame. Being fit is a journey and takes time. Build yourself up some and then if you want to lean out you can work on it some.

OK that's great then, how much protein? Is it 1g protein/lb? Is it 1g per lb of body weight or lean body mass?

How much of a calorie surplus? I sort of feel comfortable at my current weight all the way up to 10 stone but would a body recomp be any good to me or has it got to be a small calorie surplus bulk? I want to be lean.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    From what I can see you look well built, reasonably fit, and slender, don't really need to gain or lose if you like being on the skinny side. How tall are you? 10 stone is the bottom end of what an average height guy would usually weigh, so unless you are really short losing weight would increase your health risk.

You definitely don't have excess fat - if unhappy with your shape I agree with the consensus here, build up arms/shoulders/legs a little and your proportions will look better to you. If happy with your shape, rock on and do not worry about "fat" you are not holding excess fat.
  • joseph4230
    robininfl wrote: »
    From what I can see you look well built, reasonably fit, and slender, don't really need to gain or lose if you like being on the skinny side. How tall are you? 10 stone is the bottom end of what an average height guy would usually weigh, so unless you are really short losing weight would increase your health risk.

You definitely don't have excess fat - if unhappy with your shape I agree with the consensus here, build up arms/shoulders/legs a little and your proportions will look better to you. If happy with your shape, rock on and do not worry about "fat" you are not holding excess fat.

I do actually like being on the skinny side. I'm 5ft 7in, I'm 9st 8lb now and I'm quite happy with it. I am quite happy with my shape as well I will make my arms bigger. But how would I get abs to show more though? They show underneath the light when I slouch a bit? Thank you!
  • joseph4230
    edited August 2016
    Thanks all for your opinions I have decided I will just maintain, I need a break from cutting anyway so now I can eat more lol. Thanks again guys for reassuring me I'm not fat :)
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Using this calculator should give a fairly accurate estimate:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/metric-body-fat-calculator.php

I'm linking the metric version since it's more accurate than the imperial version.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    By your looks, I'd say around 17% body fat...just a guess...
    :*
  • joseph4230
    Return2Fit wrote: »
    By your looks, I'd say around 17% body fat...just a guess...
    :*

I'm definitely not anywhere near 17%. I'm no more than 14% max but do I look ok though? I don't need to lose anymore fat do I? I'm already at a low weight which is 9st 8lb or 61kg?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    You are the guy from the keebab thread right? I remember some of your other threads from the past few days!

It looks like from the photos that you are in good shape for a bulk around 13 - 14% maybe even a little lower than that..

No on loosing any more. Start the bulk now or maintain for a while and take a break.. Good luck!
  • joseph4230
    edited August 2016
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    You are the guy from the keebab thread right? I remember some of your other threads from the past few days!

It looks like from the photos that you are in good shape for a bulk around 13 - 14% maybe even a little lower than that..

No on loosing any more. Start the bulk now! :)

Yes I am the kebab guy lol I'll be having another this Saturday :)

Thank you I knew I was around the 13% range.

Do I not need to lose anymore? Am I in good shape? Do I have any excess fat or anything? I can still grab a small bit of fat but is this normal as I've heard you need a little bit of fat to live etc?

I mean I would prefer to stay skinny would I be ok to maintain if I wanted to?

I do eventually want to bulk a little bit though up to about 10 and a half stone maybe then cut back down to 9 and a half but I'll have more muscle etc right?

Would I be ok to just maintain for a couple of months before starting a little bulk as I wanna give my body a maintenance rest from all of the months I've been cutting?

Thanks
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    robininfl wrote: »

I do actually like being on the skinny side. I'm 5ft 7in, I'm 9st 8lb now and I'm quite happy with it. I am quite happy with my shape as well I will make my arms bigger. But how would I get abs to show more though? They show underneath the light when I slouch a bit? Thank you!

It'll happen if you work out, some muscle will get built and that is all that really needs to happen. I think you are seeing proportions, and your eye thinks your belly is bigger than it actually is.