Suggestions Please

Options
I am trying to find more exercises I can do but am limited because I have really bad knees and have to stick to low-impact stuff. I walk, bike, and swim but all of that requires me to leave my home and I have a kiddo with special needs. This means that unless my husband is home (which isn't until late and he is usually so I tired I wouldn't ask him to watch because I know how tired he is) or I can get a babysitter I don't get to exercise. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I could do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• Derbygrrl77
    Options
    stationary bike,walking dvds(leslie samsone has good ones) ,maybe some yoga stuff for low impact?
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    what about a low impact aerobic dvd that you can do at home, or exercises using an exercise ball?
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Unforuntatly i was in the same boat as you. I've been doing beginner Zumba on dvd & the wii and pause it at my own pace. If I cant do a certain step. I do my own thing. As long as your moving your still burning calories even if you just dance around for 20 minutes it's better then nothing right?
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Get a kiddie carrier for your bike. Take the baby with you.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Get into yoga. Try some at home dvds you'll like it. Plus it could help with your knees.
  • kmmonteith
    Options
    I do the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs because my legs are bad from the hips down to the feet. They're very low impact, but she adds weights and specialized moves to up the calorie burn. She has MANY dvds out there. I would suggest starting with one (Amazon has them all) that has the option of 1-mile walks, so you can get used to her style. I love them! They helped me lose 10 pounds before my 2nd daughter was born... and now helping me get off all the baby weight again!
  • erionmoore2
    Options
    There are a lot of low impact home exercises that can be done for whatever you need. if you live in a neighborhood you can walk in, get a stroller that will allow you to run/walk with the child. then do all the physical stuff at home, including buying some 1 to 5 lb weights
  • shefly
    shefly Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    stationary bike,walking dvds(leslie samsone has good ones) ,maybe some yoga stuff for low impact?

Ditto on the Leslie Samsone DVD's she is good