Not new to site, but looking for buddies and hoping it will

Options
Hi! My name is Jennifer!! I'm not new to this site, but I am returning and hoping for better success this time. I used the site pretty regularly a while back and lost a few pounds, but then strayed and lost my focus. I am now back and trying to be motivated! I would like to lose 34 pounds. That will get me to a place where I will hopefully be comfortable in the way that I look, but no where near my "suggested" medical weight. (If I were to do that, truthfully I'd probably need to lose 70 pounds.) In the end, I may decide to set a new goal when I reach this one, but for now, I'm not wanting to set myself up for failure like I have done so many times.

Anyways, now that I'm back I would love to get some buddies to share in my struggles and in my success (hopefully). I am a 37 mother of two (a 10 year old girl and a 7 year old boy). My boy is a little rail, but my little girl has always been in the 95+ percentile and has always been bigger than the other girls her age. She's not "fat" by any means, but she probably could stand to lose a few pounds. I would love to be a motivation to her and I would love to like the way I look again.

If you think we might have some things in common and could encourage each other, please add me. Hope to have some new buddies soon!!!!

Replies

• bomomar
    bomomar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some people to compete with in weight loss. I'm a competitive guy and figure it might be motivational to compete against others. If you want to compete please let me know. We will base standings on weight loss percentages. Each week the last place finisher will be asked to donate $5.00 to a charity of your choice. Only join us if you are serious. If you are interested please send me a friend invite. Weigh-in and donation is honor system. LETS GO WE CAN DO IT.

Check out blog.....http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bomomar
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ima mommy to 1. My "main goal" is 175. To be at the hind end of the medically accepted range would be 160 which is an ultimate goal. When I get to 175 Im going to assess, my size, and how my body looks to decide how I want to take it further.

My son has always been 90-95th percentil for height and typically 90th for weight, the lowest he was in weight was 70th percentile. He's 2 and the size of the average 4 year old (turned two in april) I recently moved so I have to establish with a new pediatrician and it will be interesting to see if he/she has different views. I worry abotu my son suffering the way I did with weight issues as a child but my pediatrician always reminded me he is in perfect proportion, unlike my nephew who is 80th percentil for height and 15th for weight. He was born large thoguh at 21 inches long and 8lbs 13 ozs. You expect him to be lighter until you pick him up, that child is solid muscle! and I know he isnt near overweight because I can still (healthily) see his ribs.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi Jennifer,
    This is a wonderful place for support and motivation
    sounds like you're well on your way to making not only
    you but your family healthier, good for you!

Please feel free to add me, and we'll take this journey together :smile:
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Good luck this time around! Feel free to add me as a friend. I too started a while ago and gave up but I hope that this is the last time.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @mammato2- I would love to be your friend. Feel free to send me a friend request!

@bomomar- I would join your club but I am afraid I would lose every week and I don't have any money to give to charity every week. I'm on a very limited budget and will be going back to school in 10 days so I can actually get a job.
  • missashleybeth
    Options
    I'll be your buddy! I definitely could use someone to lean on during my weak moments such as today which I declared was a start over day and my boss gives me a creme horn for doing good work and you think I let it go to waste? Definitely not haha! I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds which would put me back to the weight I was 6 months ago before I let my eating habits get out of control and when I let the winter blues keep me from sticking to my exercise regime. I have a wedding to go to Labor Day weekend so that's my goal date. It's not that far away so I know it's not realistic to lose so much in only 8 weeks but I would be satisfied with 15 and leave the extra 5 as something to work towards. We can totally do this!!!
  • burforda
    burforda Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to the site and would just like to have someone to help me as well. I was a bigger girl when I was younger about 10 and my mom was on weight watchers she lost a lot of weight when she was about my age and I have always been trying to catch up with her. When I turned 16 i developed thyroid disorder and gained a lot of weight. I just got married and my husband is a rail and that makes it hard for me to lose weight because I'm trying to help him gain some weight while losing weight. I have a one year old step son who I only see ever other weekend but hes a bit chunky and I would like to get my eating under control so that when we get full custody of him I can help him break the habits that his mother has formed.
  • Ajinx1
    Ajinx1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've posted on the forum. I too could stand to lose weight. Ideally I'd like to (long range) lose around 50 lbs, but 30 would be acceptable for now. I'm a mom to three kids and work full time. My husband and two kids (the 10 year old boy and 3 year old daughter) are skinny trim and athletic build. My 5 year old daughter is extremely active and coordinated but a completely different body type and we struggle as a family to balance healthy with not healthy. My husband and I have argued over the fact that he believes my 5 year old needs to be on a diet and that she's fat. The pediatrician say she's fine. But ultimately while pregnant with the last two I developed gestation diabetes and its sometimes reported that those kids never lose the weight. And since the gestation diabetes I am predisposed to diabetes later in life. I need to get in control of my weight and my life for my own sake and that of my kids. At 37 I already have high blood pressure issues and am on a moderate amount of medication - weight loss would certainly help this. I am more than willing to friend anyone or have someone friend me who can help with motivation and keeping me accountable.
  • garedkai
    garedkai Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome, I'm also new to this sight I started in June. I do really well on weekdays because I work but when it comes to weekends it's VERY hard for me! In high school I was always a size 9 but now I'm a size 16 I would like to get back to my high school size. I am married with three beautiful children who are all in good shape but my husband can lose a few pounds. But he's one of those men who can lose weight overnight if he really sets his mind to it. I've tried every diet I do really well with them but as soon as people start complementing me on how good I look and than I stop caring because I figure that certain foods won't hurt me if I eat and I'll stay the same shape. And not care about the diet or going to the gym anymore or I just get bored fast. So will see how I do on this diet. Pretty good so far!:smile:
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome! My son too has always been in the 95 percentile for height/weight. He'll be 7 october and is the size of an average 11 year old. Looking forward to supporting each other and helping our kids.
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    If you would like to be buds - feel free - I am mom to two boys 10 and almost 7. I am turtle and have been here for a long while, but keep coming back.