C25K app users....

Options
Hi MFP friends :kissing:

I got to week three, day 1 of the C25K app and while I got through it, I really struggled...I actually puked :weary: after finishing it!

Did anyone else find the week 2 - week 3 jump quite drastic? Did you keep going or redo week 2?

Kx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Redo. Run slower. The whole point of the program is to help you to develop a manageable pace.

All of this.

Run slower
  • KellyFaulds
    KellyFaulds Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks amyrebecca - so you think I should redo week 2 and go slower next week when on week 3? I keep trying to remind myself that speed will come with time but found 3 minutes of jogging really difficult today x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks amyrebecca - so you think I should redo week 2 and go slower next week when on week 3? I keep trying to remind myself that speed will come with time but found 3 minutes of jogging really difficult today x

Do week 3 day 1 again, slower
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    C25K is a great program, But I do know several people who said the same thing that it's a little intense.

As the others have mentioned slow down and don't be afraid to do a week over again.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I did C25k this spring. I would say redo week 2 because I wouldn't want to puke again! Just take it at YOUR pace, everyone is different.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I had to redo a lot of the weeks twice (or three times). I eventually finished and ran my first 5k -- not stopping once! Think of the long term goal -- you can do it!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    slow down and stay hydrated. try the next one after your rest day(s) and if you need to repeat
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It took me 13 weeks to finish the 8 week program...

You can do it! Just do it at whatever pace you can do!
  • melodysf10
    melodysf10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 and it's taken me since mid April. Just go at your own pace. I was almost in tears week 1 day 3 because I was hurting so bad I knew I couldn't move to the next week. Then my husband said "why don't we just keep doing this week until you feel like you can move on? It's not like you have to do it exactly like the app says ". It sounds silly but that had never occurred to me before. I had to do that week 3 weeks, and most others 2. When I first started walking in February, I had to stop several times on a 1 miles walk to cath my breath. Now I'm running 28 minutes straight so that's a win in my book.

You will get there. Just take it slow and do what you can do.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Yeah, everyone else nailed it. Just glow slower. It's not about speed, its just about time. Go at a pace that is comfortable for you for 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 8 minutes, etc. Its about not stopping for the time alloted.

You should be able to hold a bit of a conversation while doing it. If you can't speak then you are going to hard.

I had to repeat week 6 I think, that jump from 5 to 6 was a bear. I just couldn't quite finish the runs (came up like 45 seconds short one time and like a minute and a half the other) so I just re-did it. Don't worry, no one is keeping score!

Just keep moving! That's the secret! Its mostly all in your head. Your body can do amazing things that your brain will tell you that you can't do! Your brain is a liar! Don't listen to it! (Unless its telling you that your going to puke, then its serious and you should stop!).

Good luck! Keep it up, you can do it!
  • z06tacoma
    z06tacoma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am about to finish my 8th week. I had to redo several of the weeks' sessions over because of being out of breath but mostly shin splints. Then I read items here, googled a bunch and read more. I modified my stride to being shorter, concentrated on landing my feet flat, heel and toe. Last week I ran for 28 minutes straight, without stopping. I haven't done that since high school and I am 58 now. I am so amazed at myself now to be able to do it. My current speed is about 11 1/2 minutes a mile but I will work on improving that.

So don't give up. Give time and work it slowly.