Looking for Accountabilibuddies

Options
13»

Replies

• xXSnoWhiteXx
    xXSnoWhiteXx Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I can always use the support and motivation just like all of you. I was doing good for a while however I lost motivation because I got lazy and didn't see automatic physical change on my body even though the scale showed progress. I already gained back 2 lbs. And dont want to gain any more back. Please add me xXSnoWhiteXx let's support and motivate each other.

Here's how to add

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/12032-how-do-i-invite-a-current-member-to-be-my-friend-on-myfitnesspal-
  • danheather24
    danheather24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too, please!!! :)
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.. I love supporting others!
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Trying to add as many of you as possible and join you all, but I'm trying to do this from my phone and it's not being very helpful!! Would love love some friends who support and whom I can support to keep me moving forward!
    Please add me!!!
  • carperj87
    carperj87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm a SAHM and my little boy just started kindergarten, so I have a lot of free time on my hands. Would love to have some new friends!
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys! I just started on my weight loss and would love to have some support buddies!
  • jennasullivan222
    jennasullivan222 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! If I have not added you as friends, I am sorry. This thread is getting so popular it's getting hard to keep track! If I am not your friend yet, friend me or let me know and I will friend you. I think this is and will be such a great tool for all of us. This group is for women, men and everyone else; for old, young....it's for everyone. No discrimination on any basis. Only love and support. We all have similar goals and needs. Whether you are 135 lb and want to lose 10 lb or 230 and would like to weigh 180. You goals are your goals. Your comfortable weight is your comfortable weight. No judgement! We just support and encourage each other on our journey. We all have our difficulties. And we all get what the other is going through. So let's just be the most positive people we can be, not just for ourselves but for each other. Post here or on your status when you're having difficulties and people will get back to you. If you have suggestions they are welcome. So great to have the beginning of such a wonderful community!!
  • tonigeurts
    tonigeurts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just sent friend requests to everyone. If I missed anyone, please feel free to add me!

I'm absolutely looking for support and motivation to reach my goals. I'm not very active and have horrible eating habits, but I'm making goals to change both of these things!

I lost 50 pounds about 2 years ago, but I've gained it all back since.

I'm kind of "starting over" and wanting to make it stick for real this time.

I welcome any encouragement as I have about 80 pounds total I still need to lose!
  • anndisme2
    anndisme2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just now trying to get serious again and could also use some inspiring and encouraging friends. Weight keeps creeping up and life is so so so ridiculously busy that I have been unable to stay focused. jennasullivan222, my weight and goal is about the same as yours. This is the heaviest I've been, and I think I'm sometimes in denial, or think, "oh, I can lose weight if I really want to, or...when life calms down", but I've made no progress. I welcome new friends, and will be happy to support and encourage others. Best of luck to you all. We can all do this!!
  • jennasullivan222
    jennasullivan222 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    anndisme2 I hear you. This is the heaviest I have been and I am very uncomfortable and unhappy with myself. And I have those same thoughts. My favorite is "this is the last day of eating badly. I am so excited to start eating well tomorrow. Well, since this is my last day I will indulge in..." And then it's the same thing the next day. I definitely need people to hold me accountable. Be supportive but also, like, "hey, I noticed you went 713 calories over your goal today. What happened? What are we going to do to make sure we don't do it again tomorrow). That being said - I went 713 calories over today! Argh! But at least I exercised. Tomorrow I will plan my meals and snacks better and instead of plotting about ice cream in my head, I'll come and talk to my friends here. And drink flavored water which I've recently, with the help of my new friends here, discovered helps curb cravings better than regular water does. I love regular water for thirst. But for food cravings, flavor really helps. I think that's a big part of what I want when I want food I don't need. Flavor and texture. The flavor helps release some of the happy chemicals in the brain that get released by binging.
  • moraemora
    moraemora Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Ricospath73
    Ricospath73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm in definite need of some support buddies. I have yet to get serious about taking action to lose weight, but it wasn't until I looked in the mirror while shopping for new clothes today did I realize how big I let myself get.

I'm 32 years old and I have about 150lbs to lose
    I'm ready for the hard work ahead, but just need support for those hard days

So please add me.
  • dchevalier
    dchevalier Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hɛʟʟօ !! I'm Darcel. ..Anyone can add me I'm pretty active and love seeing people strive for change I'm also on my own personal health journey mostly trying to put on some muscle mass and get into great shape after losing around 19lbs .I love. Nutrition and fitness and more the willing to assist any way I can .Good luck everyone!!
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me could always use some more active friends! :)
  • jnsteward
    jnsteward Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've been up and down on here but I really need to make a commitment. Would like to lose about 40 pounds and just get healthier in general. It's always a big help when you have support and accountability pals!
  • zoning25
    zoning25 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have added some of you. If I missed you feel free. I love MFP and what it does. It keeps me in check with what i am putting in my mouth that is for sure.
  • ronevans534
    ronevans534 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for accountability buddies....anyone can feel free to add me!
  • kiri127
    kiri127 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for accountability buddies....anyone can feel free to add me!

Thats great, and I am sending you super supportive vibes! Please don't be offended if I don't add you. I started this thread to be surrounded with a support group of women in their 30s, like me. That's just me though. Some other ladies here may not exclusively want that same kind of community. Wishing you much success!
  • co4short
    co4short Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of your group. I have also been struggling with weight loss. My goal is to lose at least 20 pounds within 6 months. I am a 55 year old, stay at home mom for two cocker spaniels ~~ my three children are 30, 27, and 23. I really need help with accountability and motivation!