30 DAY SHRED.

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
Ok, so I need some advice. I've been thinking about ordering the Jullian Michaels 30 day shred. Ive seeen a few videos of it on youtube, but im not 100% sure if it has good results at the end of the 30days?

I just wanna know how long each workout is on the dvd, and is it a really intense workout etc. :smile:

Replies

• Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I think Shred and Ripped in 30 are amazing workouts. Inches will be lost and muscles will be toned. I'm not sure how much weight you are trying to lose and I did drop a few pounds when I did...but the inches lost made me look like I had lost a lot more weight than the scale said.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't tried 30 Day Shred but I'm actually doing another Jillian Michaels video and it is pretty intense - I can't get through the entire thing...I'm just out of shape but it's tough for me.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    there are three workouts and each is 18 minutes, with about 2 minutes of warm up and one minute of cool down. i'm on day 14 of the shred and i can see and feel very big differences in my shape, strength and endurance. i highly recommend it. it is an intense set of workouts that will make you sweat and help you move forward in your fitness goals.

don't just rely on the scale when judging the success of this video - you will gain some muscle, and lose some inches, which will improve your physique overall, but may not move the scale as much as you want. from reading the different posts about the shred on here, some people lose a lot, some people lose a little, but everyone seems very happy with the results, including me.
  • x3sarahashleyx3
    Options
    I just did it for the 3rd time, I could barely get through the video the first time, but its getting easier. I can deffinatly tell that my legs are firmer! But I was wondering the same thing about what kind of results to expect!! Also, How often are you supposed to do the video? Is it everyday?
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Here were my results after 30 days:

3 lbs. lost
    2" lost from waist
    1" lost from hips
    3/4" lost from each thigh

It's a great workout, and at that price (around $8 - $9), you can't beat it!!
  • enjoyinglife2012
    Options
    I have started and stopped never actually completed the full 30 days but it's a pretty intense workout and I'm going to give it another go. I have less then 30 days now till I leave on my vacation but I feel if I step it up and do it daily I should be good to go and looking close to fantastic!

good luck ... it's a toughy but you won't regret the purchase as long as you stick to it.
  • agibsonky
    agibsonky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 day shred, but not every day. Also, I do level 1 and 2 and occasionally add in level 3 b/c I don't think 20 minutes is a long enough workout. That said, when I first started, I thought I was going to die trying to complete level 1, so I've come a long way...I usually do it 2-3 times per week. If I do it more often than that, I can't move my legs...
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Wow! This dvd sounds amazing!! i might just invest on this :D. Everyones got really goood results from it! Defo going to buy it!!

Thankyou!! :bigsmile:
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    I am only on day 4 but I am loving it. Day 1 was super difficult and I didnt think I was going to make it, but I did. I am still struggling a little but it has gotten a little easier every day. In my short time I havent realy seen any results other than my whole body hurting, but I feel fantastic. I look forward to doing it when I wake up in the morning! I will be continuing this probably for a couple rounds :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I am only on day 4 but I am loving it. Day 1 was super difficult and I didnt think I was going to make it, but I did. I am still struggling a little but it has gotten a little easier every day. In my short time I havent realy seen any results other than my whole body hurting, but I feel fantastic. I look forward to doing it when I wake up in the morning! I will be continuing this probably for a couple rounds :)

Ohh wicked! I will defo struggle with day 1 haha! or even the first week of it im that unfit! lol. well I will defo give it a bash i will order it soon hehe :)

Thankyou
  • aabyrer
    aabyrer Posts: 57
    Options
    Today was my first day of level 2! I took my measurements for the first time since starting and I lost 5 inches over my entire body. Didn't really lose much weight, but I feel fantastic and my clothes already feel looser (in only 10 days!). It's well worth the $9-$10 it costs.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    each level has a warm up, 3 circuits of 6 minutes each (3 on strength, 2 on cardio, and 1 on abs) and a cool down. I had great results with it, even just in the time I did it....not as much weight (though i prob lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks) but in inches and endurance, esp. with strength :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Sounds alll good to me then!! Thanks for all your advice guys! Big help :bigsmile:

Thanks