Walking and peeing

Options
Do not drink a lot of water before going for a long walk. Or make sure you have a gas station/park pavilion close by. I had the worst experience recently while walking off some calories to complete my day. I had over two full cups of water before setting off. well just in between two miles of any stop, My bladder was full. I could not turn around but had to keep moving. OMG, a pregnant woman can relate to the experience. I had to go so badly, I wanted to go anyway or on myself. I could not even stop to talk. I was walking as a five year old. It's a nice neighboring area and small bunches around. I thought several times just to prop down but kept trucking until I found the pool area and got to use the rest room. Never again. Just a reminder to all walkers out there. Can you imagine being arrested for public indecency? Be aware! Funny

Replies

• dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    Oh too funny! Glad you got to a bathroom :laugh:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh!!!!!! Glad you were able to find a bathroom and stay out of jail!!!!!!!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    OMG...at first when you said you found the pool area,
    I thought..Oh No, she went in the pool!!!! LOL
    too funny :laugh:

i know all to well that feeling though :embarassed:
  • Ladybuglovesderek
    Options
    Oh my goodness. So funny. I will remember that word of advice.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I can totally relate, but luckily I walk/run in the middle of nowhere so I just go in the trees a little ways off the trail.
  • Sjfjells
    Sjfjells Posts: 1
    Options
    Good idea !!!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    This is one of my biggest fears about walking/jogging outdoors, and why I prefer treadmills and ellipticals -- the restroom is always nearby! I do take my dog for long walks during winter, though, and I have this problem sometimes.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My mom has always told me I have "a steel belted bladder"!! LOL!! I just got done walking a little over 3 miles. At the beginning of my route there is a convenience store. I don't stop there to use the bathroom...they don't let the public use their restroom. I stop there to buy a 1 liter bottle of cold water. I finish the first liter by the end of my first lap and then go in and buy a second liter for lap 2 which I finish before I get home!! I can drink 2 whole liters of water on my walk! :noway: I am sure some people would be doing "the pee-peee dance" by the end of the walk! Me however....I have a steel belted bladder:laugh:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I have teased my Mom for years. If you want to know where a bathroom is in any store, museum, restaurant etc. ask her. When it is time to go anywhere you know where she is, in the bathroom making sure she is ready to go. Now I regret all my teasing. I am finally drinking as much water as she does and having the same issue or at least almost. I do not know where all the bathrooms are yet. I used to think I had such a great bladder. Not sure of that anymore. Cute story and good warning for all us water drinkers.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Here you go

www.shewee.com/newstore/ :embarassed:
  • ifrog3n1
    ifrog3n1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've never had that happen while walking. But i have when coming home from grocery shopping or something like that & regretting the thought that i can make it home ok.

But just a reminder to all you "youngsters". It gets worse the older you get. :laugh:
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    After pushing out two items the size of coffee cans, my bladder has serious limits when suddenly in the vertical position [standing up]. :blushing: I plan my outings around bathroom availability. It's either that or Depends :grumble: and I'm not there yet.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    hahaha I had some weird disorder pictured in my head when I read the title of this post! lol. Funny, so true tho!! Have to plan those things. I always think about how much water I've been drinking before I go to do something also (like church or shopping) don't want to be running to find a toilet all the time! Oh the challenges of being a well hydrated person :o) haha
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Here you go

www.shewee.com/newstore/ :embarassed:

OMG!!! I about peed laughing from looking at this site!! :laugh: I was a psychology major in college. Can you say PENIS ENVY!! The inventor of this had to be some woman who had some deep seated wish of standing up and peeing with a penis. This is hilarious. I can see someone trying to use it and peeing all over their hand and all over their clothes. They say you can use it laying down...crazy! What will they think of next!
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of hill walkimg and these are actually quite popular with ladies. It is recommended that they "practice" at home first though :smile:
  • ccyha1
    ccyha1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Jail would have been just as bad. Thanks for finding it funny.