Should I increase or decrease my calories??

I have done well in the last 15 months but I cannot lose these last 10 lbs. I wear the body media armband and it tells me I burn on a non exercise day between 2200-2400 calories and on an exercise day between 2800-3200. I exercise 5 days (minimum of an hour) a week and 2 or 3 of those days I do an hour and 45 min (Zumba and C25K) I set my activity level to very active since I am quite busy during the day with 3 kids and rarely sit down while at home. My calories right now for the day is set to 1560. I try and eat all my calories...usually have 100-300 left at the end of the day but 1 or 2 days I could have 500 left over. My question is if my body media armband is right should I should be eating much more?? Or should I go the opposite way and drastically reduce them?? I'm also afraid maybe it's not right.
I have read that if you have a lot of muscles your body needs more calories and if it thinks I am starving it I won't lose anything. I am not starving myself as I eat between 1500-2000 calories on most days but I do exercise a lot and I am in pretty good shape since I have been doing Zumba for 15 months and now I am doing C25K (on week 7)

Replies

• mrsclc
    mrsclc Posts: 73
    It wouldn't hurt to try and up your calorie intake. That's what I would try first. :smile:
  • MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    I think there is only one way to find out......I'd try increasing first also.