PRAYER

Options
I just noticed a closed thread labeled "PRAYER" Why is that we need prayer in all we do please give an explanation although there seems to be none.

Replies

• nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Threads like that get closed because they're guaranteed to go down the tubes very quickly. Might as well pull up the lawn chair, make some popcorn and watch the sh*tshow.
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I don't understand either! If it helps people with their weight loss journey, why not?

I admired the folks in the other thread for their faith. I've kind of lost it the past few years with my daughter's illnesses. I'm always striving to get it back because I believe it helps in ALL aspects in life. <3
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I just noticed a closed thread labeled "PRAYER" Why is that we need prayer in all we do please give an explanation although there seems to be none.
    You'll find the bolded is your opinion - not fact - and proselytising is pretty much banned on these boards anyway. Sorry, best keep your personal religious beliefs exactly that - personal. Good luck with your weight loss though!

BTW, there was a very clear explanation about the closure of the other thread from the mod at the bottom of the original post - probably best to read that.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Some people pray and I talk to my cat. Both actions seem to have the same effect.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I prefer George Carlin's view on this sort of stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4diugMg5kQ
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ....aaaaand sure enough, it's a repeat of the thread that got closed. Read the terms, people.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. This discussion is welcome to continue in groups.

The forum guidelines include this item:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.