wobbly bits???

Options
As muscle is denser than fat I was wondering as you tone is it possible that you get wobblier until your fat loss catches up? I am slowly losing weight while doing the 30 day shred, walking and extra cardio. So when I was in the shower tonight I just thought that i felt wobblier than normal. I have lost some inches while doing the shred so i know that it is working. Any ideas anyone???
P.s I hope this makes sense

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Could be lose skin. Even if you lose in the 1-2 lbs a week range depending on how long and how much you were over weight your elasticity goes away. Pregnancy and genetics also play a role in that. It can take a full year for skin to "catch up" once hitting your goal weight. Firming lotions are a miracle in a bottle, but hydrated skin does retain elasticity better and rebuild it quicker. And if you still have fat over that muscle some area might seem more jiggly
  • Christina8402
    Christina8402 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling the same way. I sure hope this is whats happening!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Could be just that your skin is looser because you've lost fat. I don't have an extraordinary weight loss number (just over 20 lbs.) but I have one particular spot where I'm wobblier than I was before.

Drink a lot of water, and if it is skin that should help it regain some of it's snap!
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yes, this totally happens. I think part of it is skin and the other part is fat breaking up. Just use lots of lotion and keep doing what you're doing. Eventually things will tighten up.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Do you mean wobbly as in shaky legs, or wobbly as in jiggly skin? If you mean the former, it's time to ease up on the exercise - you are over doing it. If you mean the latter, then as you build muscle (or just over time as skin tnaturally tightens up), the wobble will go away.
  • nicola1812
    nicola1812 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies everyone.