What's for lunch ?

Options
I'm always having trouble with what to make for lunch, something that I can take to work and stay full off of. Also healthy ! Any suggestions?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    6 ounces cooked quinoa with some sockeye salmon and steamed broccoli. Cherries for desert.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    rice with eggs and pepper jack
  • ktjo1985
    ktjo1985 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chopped salads!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I always make enough dinner to take in for left overs. If not then turkey burger on a sandwich thin with a side of Greek yogurt and berries.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I took scrambled eggs today. I use an old jar with a tight fitting lid, beat the eggs, add a dash of milk and a grind of black pepper.
    Quick to cook in the microwave at work.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Salmon burger with grilled peppers and onions on a whole wheat sandwich thin.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Flax fold-it, layer of Supremely Spicy Sabra Hummus, Pickle Slices, Two Black Bean Patties drenched in Buffalo Sauce, a little vegan feta cheese.

Yummo.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Roast beef, cheddar, spinach, and grainy mustard on whole wheat toast. Apple. 1/2 serving of Cheez-its.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Salad with chicken, cucumbers, feta, pecans, tomatoes, and a nectarine.
  • jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Nasi goreng
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I usually have a whole pizza for lunch.
  • stacey01575
    stacey01575 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We have a toaster oven at work, so I chopped up a ton of veggies (carrot, broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts) and roasted them with some cooking spray and salt. Throw those over a couple cups of mixed greens and add some sliced avocado and a hard boiled egg.
  • reggieuppal
    reggieuppal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! Looking forward to trying some out
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Today is a jerk stew.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I brought shrimp and cocktail sauce today.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Today is the leftover Thai Cashew Chicken that I made for dinner last night. It was really good.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Just found this great salad bar where I work. So fresh. Only meat is tuna and chicken salad but I love tuna.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    jvtchong wrote: »
    Nasi goreng

That is one of my favourite meals!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Today is salmon again. This time some leftover grilled salmon in a salad w greens, onion, peppers and carrots.
  • salyerssommer
    salyerssommer Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had pretzels and string cheese and a Coke zero. Everyone's salmon ideas has got me really curious as to what all you can do with salmon! Time to look up recipes! Anyone feel free to shoot me a message with recipes, haha. ♥