The first day

Options
Hello, My name is Claudia. I am new to this site. I have been trying to lose weight through exercise. I found out that alone doesn't work. My gym suggested trying my fitness pal. I have been overweight for the last ten years. I hope it does not take another ten to lose weight!

Replies

• lilianemmafer
    lilianemmafer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Claudia! I'm Lili. Welcome! I've tried my fitness pal before but I've stopped for a while. But now I'm back! It is a very good website, I hope you can achieve your goals :smile: I'm trying to create habits here. :smile:
  • barbarawade2016
    barbarawade2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Barbara, and I have also tried this program before and lost some weight. So now I'm trying it again.
  • karaphilly
    karaphilly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first day too! Love to lose this 25 pounds I have been holding on to. Feeling confident we can reach our goals!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone, I've tried MFP before and have been up & down with my weight for the last 20 years. I decided on 7/1/16 that I was done with the roller coaster and I'm down 15 pounds. This time I'm taking it slow and steady - I used to try to exercise every day and log. Now I just try to log every day and stay within my calorie goal. I walk every other day but I don't have a particular set goal (steps or time). I also am more realistic about the time frame - I wanted to be fit in three months. Now, my goal is to hit my first goal by next summer. WE'RE ON OUR WAY!
  • birddunn3453
    birddunn3453 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Brittney. I have been overweight my whole life. I tried MFP a year or two back but I stopped using it. Today is my first day of my journey to a healthy lifestyle. My goal is to lose 60 pounds to reach a healthy weight.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! My advise would be to log everything you eat no matter how small, start with small changes at first and just walk as much as you can. Good luck!