newby here

Options
I have struggled with weight all of my life and finally feel like I want to make a lasting change to get to a healthy weight. Started here yesterday and I can't believe how many calories a day I was eating once I started counting them. I would love to connect with a buddu for tips and advise on foods that help keep you full so that you don't feel deprived.

Replies

• sandsterini
    sandsterini Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Buddy and sorry I misspelled advice
  • KimmiKat57
    KimmiKat57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat! Just started using this three days ago!
  • Angela2ndChance
    Angela2ndChance Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been overweight for pretty much my whole life too. It's so easy just to eat that whole pizza. LOL I'm happy to help and be an accountability buddy; add me a as a friend! I am just at 300 lbs and praying to lose at least 100 by next May. You can do this! We can do this! :)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with weight all of my life and finally feel like I want to make a lasting change to get to a healthy weight. Started here yesterday and I can't believe how many calories a day I was eating once I started counting them. I would love to connect with a buddu for tips and advise on foods that help keep you full so that you don't feel deprived.

Same here, when I started counting calories I was amazed how much I was over eating. It took some time to adjust to the proper portions at meal time but it did happen. I adopted a "no second helping" rule. As part of becoming aware of what I was eating I started removing or limiting the calorie dense foods that I used to crave like french fries, loaded baked potatoes and big burgers. Replacing them with grilled or roasted veggies give me more calorie headroom and still let me eat. Now I am a food snob and glance at peoples shopping carts and think how can anybody eat that junk. Its somewhat like an ex smoker that is offended by anyone smoking. Exercise also really helped me lose and maintain. It also lets me eat and drink more. My only issue is alcohol calories, I get too many from it. The calorie deficit here at MFP really worked for me and helped re-train me how to eat so I don't just swell back up. My blood test also confirmed that it goes deeper than weight loss, cholesterol down 50 points and blood pressure normal.