Loosing weight after pregnancy - please help

Options
Hello I am really struggling with my weight.
My baby is now 4 months old. From last one month I have restricted my diet to 1200 calories. I eat no cheese no coke no butter
But there is no change . If anyone can suggest something

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hi, lets see if we can help you unstruggle. :)

Its been one month? Are you weighing those 1200 calories using a food scale? And are you including all things that make it on the food but not in the diary in the form of things like pads of butter, condiments, sauces, mayo, oils you cook in or prepare food with, etc.

• mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Are you nursing? ..... Not sure of your height and weight and activity stats but for most people 1200 calories is way too low. Try bumping up to 1400-1500 calories for a while, weigh and measure all your food. Logging accurately (even your oils and drinks) is very important to really get an idea of your consumption.

If you have been cleared to exercise, lots walking really helped me get back to normal at first and then i incorporated more activity namely lifting (it does a body good) and some cardio (good for the heart and lungs). Also making sure to eat nutrient rich food helps, protein fruits veg and healthy grains. I ate a lot of healthy omelettes with spinach for breakfast, salads at lunch, and protein veg and rice for dinner ... with healthy snacks in between. Most of the time the food I made was quick but healthy cause I was too sleep deprived to stand in front of the stove for an hour.

Cheese and butter are not bad, everything in moderation. Coke I just don't drink it and I try not to offer an opinion on it.

Also I had a baby last year and I have been repeatedly told by many that for normal people it takes anywhere from 1 year -2 years for your body to swing back into normal mode. You've only just had a baby 4 months ago, don't be so hard on yourself. You're putting a lot of energy it to caring for your baby and yourself don't make it harder by depriving yourself.

I hope all of that comes off in the kindest tone possible.... If you have any questions I'll check back... and hope others can offer more insight.

ETA: find a good BMR and TDEE calculator like on bodybuilding.com and find those numbers. You'll get a better idea of how much you should be eating based on your stats and activity level.
    1400-1500 is just a ballpark I've seen many people work on
  • vimi02
    vimi02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thnk u .. no m not nursing anymore but I will surely start some cardiovascular.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My son is 4 months old. I'm nursing still and eating at least 2,000 calories a day. I workout daily. I eat a balanced diet and plenty of carbs and protein. I've lost 25lbs in less than 3 months.
  • gerby828
    gerby828 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost all my baby weight within 6 & 1/2 months. I did a lot of walking. Plus carrying him around. (He is a bigboy!) I drink anywhere from 10-12 glasses of water a day, (I also still nurse). I think a lot of my weight was water weight tho. I was 296 before having him & I am down to 235, 7 months later!
    You got this!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I think exercise will get you where you want to be. Some people, like me, just get more and more sluggish by cutting cals without exercising.
  • seemazahid
    seemazahid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jessica i got the inspiration by seeing ur picture. I have gained 16kg after my first baby. She is 21 months now n i now start struggling to loose weight by doing cardio n weight training, but she is still on my feed so not v strict diet. Any recommendation from u guys are appreciated. I really want to get rid of my weight.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hi there,

Your nutrition is so important, make sure you are logging everything correctly, as someone above mentioned, sauces, oils, sugar in tea, fruit juices, everything and make sure your calorie intake is as accurate as possible.

Rest and getting enough sleep is also an important factor and that may be very difficult indeed depending on your little one and your circumstances at the moment.

Finally the exercise you do will also help you to get to where you want to be.

I'm a personal trainer and I work with mothers, looking to lose weight and reshape their bodies.

Everyone is different, their circumstances are different and their bodies are different. Your previous weight and nutritional habits will also have an impact, some women lose the weight in months , some it may take a year.

Either way just remember that your body has been through something special and it took 9 months for you to get to that point. It will take a little time to get back to where you were, whether that's 5 months or 9.

Feel free to message me if you need any support or help on this journey