Suck it up (Tell YOUR vent first)

Options
amycurtisqueen
amycurtisqueen Posts: 22 Member
edited August 2016 in Motivation and Support
I didn't get much sleep last night, thanks to toddler son who decided it was time to get up way before the sun. He had also pooped in his sleep. In our bed. Fun.

Later we played outside and I saw a snake! Right by my front door!

Balanced the checkbook and trying to figure out how to make $3 last 8 days and we need gas and will need more groceries before then.

A relative called and asked me to drop what I was doing and run over to do a favor for her because she "was too tired". This is someone I love but I had no tolerance for that mess this morning.

I FEEL LIKE eating a bunch of sugar and going to sleep for 8 hours.

But I vented to my TOPS leader and the conclusion of the matter is this: SUCK IT UP.

So, that's what I'm doing. Some days are sucky! Oh well! Suck it up and keep going!

Feel free to tell us how your day has sucked---- then suck it up and go be awesome!

Replies

• amymurray12282
    amymurray12282 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My vent is mainly based around my 15yo. I have always tried to keep a "you can keep your room how you want it as long as you keep your door closed" frame of mind with my kids (mainly for my own sanity, otherwise their rooms would be a constant battle), but when your room starts to stink and we can smell it in the living room, Mama is stepping in. We spent FAR too long on his room last night. We didn't even get finished...we JUST got under his bed and in his closet. SEVEN GARBAGE BAGS AND SEVERAL WALMART BAGS LATER!!!!!!!! How can one person stash that much crap???????? Today we are attacking his dresser and desk, plus more of the floor. I don't get it!!!!!! I have always felt that your bedroom is your personal space, and if you are okay with clutter, fine (my bedroom is not exactly neat...), but this is just too much. I want to give him more privacy and all, being 15, but I feel now like we HAVE to monitor him closer so it doesn't get like this again. UGH!

**deep breath**

I feel better now. :) Off to be my awesome self!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't have a current vent (which is unusual in and of itself :D ), but I love the idea behind this thread!
  • POUNDCRUSHER2014
    POUNDCRUSHER2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have not been getting much sleep the past few nights. I am trying to lose weight for myself and not for the Navy like it has been the past 4 years. When I don't sleep I don't feel like I am in control of my own weight loss journey. On top of not getting sleep I have to be at work for mandatory PT with my clinic( active duty ) three days a week back to back(Tue, Wed,Thurs) at 6:00 am. I don't get off work until sometimes 5pm. I still have to cook dinner, take over for my husband who stays home with our two year old and get my stuff ready for the next day. Most days I want to eat all carbs and be happy. But we all know that is not the answer. I am not deployed or being shot at. I get to go home to my family every night and God is good, so I am simply sucking it up!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    stephlw wrote: »
    My 11 yo son has cancer and is in the hospital for now 17 days with my husband while I am at home with our other 2 sons, one 16yo and one 10 yo. The 10 yo has football practice almost everyday, I do all the running around and can only Skype with my very very sick baby in the hospital. He is in so much pain and the only thing I feel like I can do is eat! I'm helpless and hate that I have to continue "life" while he is battling for his life. Yes, I see him once a week but that isn't enough. Its very very hard.

Yes, I like this thread. I will suck it up and keep on going. No cookies for me today.

You're an amazing mom! Prayers for your son and family!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hate Crohn's and I hate being immunosuppressed. It's necessary as the meds are saving my life but I hate the never ending rounds of antibiotics, infections and all the other fun stuff
  • amycurtisqueen
    Options
    I have not been getting much sleep the past few nights. I am trying to lose weight for myself and not for the Navy like it has been the past 4 years. When I don't sleep I don't feel like I am in control of my own weight loss journey. On top of not getting sleep I have to be at work for mandatory PT with my clinic( active duty ) three days a week back to back(Tue, Wed,Thurs) at 6:00 am. I don't get off work until sometimes 5pm. I still have to cook dinner, take over for my husband who stays home with our two year old and get my stuff ready for the next day. Most days I want to eat all carbs and be happy. But we all know that is not the answer. I am not deployed or being shot at. I get to go home to my family every night and God is good, so I am simply sucking it up!!!!

Girl. bless you!!! Try to make easy meals and get your stuff done so you can sleep as soon as son sleeps. You are one tough woman and I appreciate your service! (My kid is 2 also.)
  • amycurtisqueen
    Options
    My 11 yo son has cancer and is in the hospital for now 17 days with my husband while I am at home with our other 2 sons, one 16yo and one 10 yo. The 10 yo has football practice almost everyday, I do all the running around and can only Skype with my very very sick baby in the hospital. He is in so much pain and the only thing I feel like I can do is eat! I'm helpless and hate that I have to continue "life" while he is battling for his life. Yes, I see him once a week but that isn't enough. Its very very hard.

Yes, I like this thread. I will suck it up and keep on going. No cookies for me today.

Oh girl..........what a stressful season! (((hugs))) Good days will come again
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Haha I like this!

In the same boat here with the lack of sleep. The manic phases of my bipolar have decided to act up this summer because I hate mood stabilizers, so last night I managed only two hours of sleep. I have ha a migraine brewing and my knee is flaring up and hard to walk on.

BUT I sucked it up and managed to clean the living room, get half my step goal in despite pain, and sort through the school supplies that I need to bring into my classroom on Friday to start setting up. I'm trying my hardest to stay awake so I can get to sleep at a normal time tonight, but we will see how that goes.
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bad nights sleep...

Left home at 7am...work begins at 9, but I like to be in early to prepare my department. 15min journey to work on a normal day...today took 4.5hours to get there and 2hours to get home...horrendous traffic!! After not moving for an hour and half, so desperate for the loo, pee'd in a bush on roundabout on way to work...EMBARRASSING!!

Sister-in-law was meant to come dinner yesterday but changed plans and she was meant to come today instead. She cancelled because she couldn't get picked up from train station. That made me cross because I'd changed my usual plans and skipped gym to be home to see her and cook dinner. Train station not far from my house so considered it lazy that she couldn't make the effort to walk from train station while I was still driving home.

Supposed to have an audit at work today...cancelled because of traffic which means it gets postponed and will disrupt our future plans...especially seeing as we are having a department change around and I'm about to loose a few of my staff short term.

Because all plans changed today and traffic was horrific, ended up eating badly and at all the wrong times and now I'm cross with myself for eating s***...

Rant over!
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear about your son...makes my rant seem so pathetic! I hope that his health improves...my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. You are a wonderful mum for simply not letting this destroy your composure...being strong and carrying on is what makes you a brilliant parent...all of your children need you and you are doing just that
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I'm so sorry for you and your family right now. Stay strong!

Honestly though, after reading your post. I don't feel like venting now.... And that's not bad thing at all. Helped me realize how lucky I should consider myself. And that I'm the one that needs to suck it up.

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Stayed up late the night before to plan and set out ingredients for a nice meal after work. Rough day at work. Raging migraine. But I'm thankful I have a meal planned and ready to go so it should be an easy night. Get home, kids didn't do the dishes - nothing to cook planned meal in. Took a deep breath, asked kids to do dishes (without a single swear word!) and went to my room to change. Kid unloading dishwasher comes to me to *kitten* about how his brother loaded said dishwasher (even though he does just as crappy of a job). I totally lost my crap. After I've spent the small portion of time I'm not working or commuting to make sure I've shopped and planned so I could prepare a nice meal all I get is ungrateful little brats that can't take 5 minutes away from their video games to do a half-*kitten* job - let alone do it without complaining!

Made myself scrambled eggs. Let the lazy little buggers fend for themselves.

*rant over*
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

Wishing you and your family all the best. Xxx
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My oldest started 1st grade last Thursday and he's been having a lot of anxiety and waking up every night multiple times per night. He slept through the night over the weekend but has all of a sudden decided that 4:30 is an appropriate time to get up on Saturday morning...I hate not sleeping more than just about anything else.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I have a big, BRIGHT yellow poster in my classroom that says NO EXCUSES JUST SOLUTIONS.

My suckage today is pretty low. I'm tired. I don't want to go to play practice (though I know I'll have fun once I get there). I want to laze around and have the laundry and cooking and dishes all take care of themselves. But I'm going to suck it up and do my weightlifting and then load the dishwasher and then it'll probably be about time to go.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    I'm stuck in a rut and too lazy to do anything about it. I guess this isn't much of a 'vent' because that requires a build-up of pressure.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Y'know, I thought I was having a bad day then I read your post and I realized how petty my problems truly are right now. I'm very sorry that you and your 11 y/o are going through this. I can only imagine the pain and empathize. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I live in the US. I went to graduate schools. I have a job. My kids go to a great school, I live in a nice house. I don't know anyone who has died of malaria, worms, or starvation. No army sits outside waiting to shoot me and kidnap my wife and children. I'm not homeless. My problems are of my own creation.

I think complaining is a bit silly.