Anyone up? I could use a shoulder.

Muppyooh
Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
My BF and I just broke up.

Replies

• Muppyooh
    I recommended it, alongside others. I say, congratulations. Take some time to heal and then go find your true love.

I know. I know it's the right thing. But that doesn't make it hurt any less.
  • Muppyooh
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Didn't you post recently about wanting to be single?

Sure did. But it doesn't make it any easier. When it actually happens, it sucks.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Hang in there, kid; you'll be fine. It just doesn't feel like it now.
  • Muppyooh
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Hang in there, kid; you'll be fine. It just doesn't feel like it now.

Thanks. I will try my best
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    I'm sorry. I feel you. My fiance took off in January. Next month would been month of our wedding. It will get better. One day at a time. Blessings to you
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    One of the biggest fears we endure as humans is fear of loss. But somewhere in your life it's going to happen and it's usually not just once. Time will help you to muster up the strength to carry on without him.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Stay strong! It hurts, you'll want him back and for everything to go back to normal (even though you were unhappy with that 'normal'). Cry, eat, be a slob in your pj's all day. That kinda thing. The first few weeks are the worst then when you get over the withdrawal of him not being around any more EVERYTHING will be better :) . You wanted to break up and you know it's for the best, now this is it. It won't be long before you start feeling the benefit of being out of that relationship. Try not to spend too much time alone if you can. You'll feel better soon. <3
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Feel better soon dear!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Go through the stages of grief. Don't hurry through it. Do not be ashamed nor in a rush to change whatever feeling you happen to be feeling and never apologize to anyone for being where you are in coping. Seek not for closure, but seek for opening - re-opening yourself and your heart to the goodness you find around you.

And booze. Booze can be great. :)
  • Muppyooh
    Stay strong! It hurts, you'll want him back and for everything to go back to normal (even though you were unhappy with that 'normal'). Cry, eat, be a slob in your pj's all day. That kinda thing. The first few weeks are the worst then when you get over the withdrawal of him not being around any more EVERYTHING will be better :) . You wanted to break up and you know it's for the best, now this is it. It won't be long before you start feeling the benefit of being out of that relationship. Try not to spend too much time alone if you can. You'll feel better soon. <3

Your words could not be more true. We have broken up a couple of times in the past and always gotten back together. I get so weak and so lonely I end up groveling even though a lot of the reasons were breaking up or not because of me. I feel like the healing process can't even begin until he moves out which will be however long it takes him to find an apartment. He's gone, but his stuff isn't. Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them.

• Muppyooh
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    This^^ and make sure you don't just end up being back with him if you feel lonely, that's not fair but so often happens.
    Let yourself process it all and stay busy, I know it still hurts even if you wanted it, still have time and feeling invested in that person, good luck.

Oh yes. We have done that a bunch of times. I wish I was stronger. This time I have to be. No going back. Thanks. ❤️

• mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Try and find something good to enjoy each day. If its something you couldn't enjoy with him - for example, if you love country walks and he hated them - so much the better. If its something you use to enjoy together, find a way to enjoy it on your own, or find another friend to share e.g. seeing a movie.
  • Muppyooh
    mazdauk wrote: »
    Try and find something good to enjoy each day. If its something you couldn't enjoy with him - for example, if you love country walks and he hated them - so much the better. If its something you use to enjoy together, find a way to enjoy it on your own, or find another friend to share e.g. seeing a movie.

This is a very good idea. I tried to do this today. I'll try again tomorrow. Thank you
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    One door closes, another door opens.
  • Muppyooh
    strebor337 wrote: »
    One door closes, another door opens.

Thank you
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    I'm sorry :'( Give yourself time to feel this, and get over it, then begins your next journey!