College/University students?

Options
Hey everyone! I've just started with MFP and I'm loving it, but I'm already anticipating how difficult it will be to stay on track once school starts. Anyone else in the same boat? Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• kfrye0811
    kfrye0811 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here school starts in a week or so for me and I'm ready to get on a strict diet/fitness plan. I think keeping a journal is a good way to plan everything out. Like writing down each day when your going to eat your meals, what your eating, what time of day your going to work out ect. I think it's just a matter of making tracking your progress a priority. Give it as much attention as school but balance everything out. Write your goals in the journal to for school/ fitness ect. Best of luck!
  • mmartinec931
    mmartinec931 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I just graduated in May but I totally know the feeling.
  • FromFattie2Fittie
    FromFattie2Fittie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am a psychology major, junior year, but definitely in the same boat. I will add you for support! :)
  • bardd1995
    bardd1995 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Over here too... A year ago I was in good shape, and then I had a tough year (took three semesters worth of classes in two semesters) and I was constantly busy, and it shows...
  • RoneilSembrano
    RoneilSembrano Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would definitely keep some go to snacks that you know would fit your macro count. For example, Trader Joe's Happy Trekking Trailmix is fulfilling (to me) and keeps me going. For a quarter cup is 160 calories. It's a great snack, especially in between classes. Good luck!
  • _amjad93
    _amjad93 Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's problem for me too.. I have alot of work and studying at the college too. so, i had have to organize my time perfectly to avoid laziness feeling!! :grimace:

It's all about having some patience and keep motivated from time to another.

Feel free to add me to keep on track! :smile:
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat! Dreading uni year so much, as I found it extremely hard to stay on track last semester.

Great idea to find people in similar situations, I'm adding you! x
  • RoneilSembrano
    RoneilSembrano Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Also, I make sure that I eat a good breakfast. Especially before a long morning class (yawn), it really helps me pull through! What I like is half a cup of oats, half a table spoon of peanut butter, and half of a banana. Being under 300 calories, this meal definitely fits within my macro count. :) First, I make sure to cook the oat meal with about a cup of water at a low heat for about 5 minutes. The time it takes for your oatmeal to cook will vary depending on how high you have your flame. I like my oatmeal clumpy not watery, and this is just my personal preference. I feel the consistency of clumpy oatmeal works really well with the peanut butter. Second, I stir the peanut butter into the oatmeal. This makes the oatmeal much thicker (in my opinion), more satisfying, and enough to hold you off even until lunch! Lastly, I cut half a banana into small pieces and place them on top of my oat meal. This is a great breakfast (to me), as it provides me with the proper energy to get my day started!