Morning! Newbie here...

Options
Morning, I joined the site the other day, when a friend who has been using it suggested it to me.

Just a quick "about me" ~
Single mom of 2.
I actually am not at a bad weight for my height, but I work in a very aesthetic place of business, and I see all types of bodies, and people who have lost more then half a person, etc. And with seeing them, it makes me see myself in a totally different light.
I'm okay in my skin, but I would like to be able to have that body I had before I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I even had bought this awesome bikini, that alas has been sitting there for 10 years. Still brand new, never worn. :cry:
HOWEVER, I aim to fit it this summer!
I am hoping to lose 20-25 lbs, I originally had thought about only trying for 10-15, but after seeing the results of my friend, who is currently doing the P90 program, I figured why not actually strive for the true goal weight!

With any luck, and determination, I WILL achieve that goal and hopefully then some!

I go to the local gym 3x a week currently. Each week I try to pick it up a bit, and increase my distance when I run. So far I have shocked myself. When I first started back at the gym, I was barely able to walk a mile in 30 minutes. But now I can not only do a mile, in about 10 minutes, I can now actively run over 2.5 miles in 30 or less. I did 3.6 on monday! So that is a start!

When I first started this, I wasn't going to the gym on a schedule. I would go maybe 2x one week, 3x the next. But I did manage to lose 10 lbs up to this point! So even doing it that way, it did make a difference, granted that was about 6+ months worth of sporadic visits and changing my eating habits.

I'm terrible with eating. Always have been. I know they say breakfast is the most important meal.
But I use to skip breakfast, and sometimes lunch, and only have dinner, or I would skip breakfast and dinner, and only have lunch. I'm not a big eater, and I could manage to feel full off of a granola bar. Kind of sad I know. Not the best way to try and help lose weight.

But I am now going to check out the eating plan my friend has been on, I've seen his results. I know that I can make that change. I like to eat healthy foods, so that won't be an issue, and I'm not huge on junk food, but I do love my sweet tea! I'm in VA after all!

Well, this turned out to be a book! Thanks for reading all of this is you actually took the time to read my babble!

I hope to be able to see a difference by summer! :happy:

Replies

• Shaine
    Shaine Posts: 32
    Options
    Morning, I joined the site the other day, when a friend who has been using it suggested it to me.

Just a quick "about me" ~
    Single mom of 2.
    I actually am not at a bad weight for my height, but I work in a very aesthetic place of business, and I see all types of bodies, and people who have lost more then half a person, etc. And with seeing them, it makes me see myself in a totally different light.
    I'm okay in my skin, but I would like to be able to have that body I had before I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I even had bought this awesome bikini, that alas has been sitting there for 10 years. Still brand new, never worn. :cry:
    HOWEVER, I aim to fit it this summer!
    I am hoping to lose 20-25 lbs, I originally had thought about only trying for 10-15, but after seeing the results of my friend, who is currently doing the P90 program, I figured why not actually strive for the true goal weight!

With any luck, and determination, I WILL achieve that goal and hopefully then some!

I go to the local gym 3x a week currently. Each week I try to pick it up a bit, and increase my distance when I run. So far I have shocked myself. When I first started back at the gym, I was barely able to walk a mile in 30 minutes. But now I can not only do a mile, in about 10 minutes, I can now actively run over 2.5 miles in 30 or less. I did 3.6 on monday! So that is a start!

When I first started this, I wasn't going to the gym on a schedule. I would go maybe 2x one week, 3x the next. But I did manage to lose 10 lbs up to this point! So even doing it that way, it did make a difference, granted that was about 6+ months worth of sporadic visits and changing my eating habits.

I'm terrible with eating. Always have been. I know they say breakfast is the most important meal.
    But I use to skip breakfast, and sometimes lunch, and only have dinner, or I would skip breakfast and dinner, and only have lunch. I'm not a big eater, and I could manage to feel full off of a granola bar. Kind of sad I know. Not the best way to try and help lose weight.

But I am now going to check out the eating plan my friend has been on, I've seen his results. I know that I can make that change. I like to eat healthy foods, so that won't be an issue, and I'm not huge on junk food, but I do love my sweet tea! I'm in VA after all!

Well, this turned out to be a book! Thanks for reading all of this is you actually took the time to read my babble!

I hope to be able to see a difference by summer! :happy:
  • Ella09
    Ella09 Posts: 9
    Options
    You have eat to loose weight. Skipping meals is the worst thing you can do for you body. I used to not eat breakfast either but now I can't skip it. Start by eating a little bit in the morning, like a fiber one bar or yogurt. But never skip breakfast. Good luck to you!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I agree, if I don't eat breakfast I am starving by lunch and over eat, breakfast=the most important meal of the day.:flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • Shaine
    Shaine Posts: 32
    Options
    You have eat to loose weight. Skipping meals is the worst thing you can do for you body. I used to not eat breakfast either but now I can't skip it. Start by eating a little bit in the morning, like a fiber one bar or yogurt. But never skip breakfast. Good luck to you!

Oh I have learned that! And I do eat now. Usually a small bowl of Special K cereal, or a granola bar or something. Today it was some apple slices and a glass of orange pineapple juice.
    If I don't eat something in the morning now, I get a massive migraine, so I always eat now.
    And actually I've started to take my friends advice, and do the whole 5 meals a day thing - breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner.
    I've adjusted to that schedule, and I learn quickly now if I don't eat on that schedule, my body responds.
    I agree, if I don't eat breakfast I am starving by lunch and over eat, breakfast=the most important meal of the day.:flowerforyou: Welcome!

Thank you!
    I can't ever over eat at lunch, I'm lucky if I get lunch some days! I work in a very fast paced Dr's office, and sometimes if he takes to long, our lunch block is shortened. But on those days he gets us something from subway, and we have to eat fairly quickly.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP, I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.