Workout to much

Options
whitegm79
whitegm79 Posts: 9 Member
edited August 2016 in Getting Started
Monday I did a five minute workout in the morning before I went into work. That evening I did 12 more exercises on my total gym. Went to work Tues. and couldn't get out of be Weds. and had to call in. I maybe pushing myself to hard. So I am going to change instead of three days a week to two days a week and go down a weight until my body can handle it. I am still eating and taking my protein every day. Any advice would be helpful.

Replies

• smurfette54
    smurfette54 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you new to exercising?

I would stick to 3 days a week and maybe lower the weight or reps to start out a little slower. But I bet you will notice soon enough that you are gaining strength and can do more. Good quality protein is important to rebuild these muscles, so stick with that.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'd say you are probably coming down with something. Can't imagine working out for maybe 20 minutes (split up) and not being able to go to work 2 days later.

Best of luck.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not dependent on exercise, you just need a calorie deficit. Exercise is great for increasing fitness and helping to keep existing lean muscle mass (resistance training). So for me exercise is also a lifestyle change. I try to be consistent and learn good habits for life long fitness.