Binge issues

Options
Is it just me or it happens that sometimes you cant control ur cravings and end up binging nd eating all the sweets in the house ?
What should i do after a binge day, should i fast?

Replies

• zeinabhjaber97
    zeinabhjaber97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well im trying my best but the problem is that i live with my mom and siblings and they all like sweets, i do as well, but they r lucky enough to eat and never gain weight
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Be honest and log what you ate. Try to recognize what led to the cravings. Did you drink enough water that day? Have a particularly stressful day at work? Binge watched a season of Cupcake Wars? We're you angry, lonely, or tired?

More importantly, do not shame yourself for making a mistake. They happen, and losing weight is a gradual process that, in my humble opinion, requires a gradual change in lifestyle. This rings true especially for those that are trying to keep weight off for a long time. You can't expect to be an all-star if you only learned to play yesterday, right?

Best of Luck,
    Chris
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or it happens that sometimes you cant control ur cravings and end up binging nd eating all the sweets in the house ?

I am careful not to use the word binge as it relates to my eating. With that said, yes there are times that I have an uncontrollable urge to eat sweets. I give in without guilt or shame and I'm back to eating normal the next day.
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a binge eating disorder and it's triggered by my daily struggles. It's tough most days and I can't bring anything sugary into the house. 0 stuff. I go to weekly addiction meetings and it's helping me sort though my feelings and triggers.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    anneouel wrote: »
    I have a binge eating disorder and it's triggered by my daily struggles. It's tough most days and I can't bring anything sugary into the house. 0 stuff. I go to weekly addiction meetings and it's helping me sort though my feelings and triggers.

Good luck. I wish you the best!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Just own it and move on. There's no use dwelling on it and getting frustrated.
    Also, if you find that this is a somewhat common thing, then you should re-evaluate your nutritional philosophy. Check out this podcast. It's on flexible dieting and how that can help you avoid binging.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_yzbp82pCM
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

I agree to the above on not calling "normal overeating" a "binge". Of course you will crave accessible foods you like. Especially if your own diet is something you like less. No, don't fast. Eating too little will make you more hungry and more likely to overeat. Eat enough food, eat nutritious food, eat food you like, every day. Ask your family to not put your trigger foods in your face. But also be aware that they don't fail to gain weight because of some magic, but because they don't eat too much. This means that you too can eat sweets, if you don't eat too much. Only you can decide if eating moderate amounts of sweets is attainable and worthwhile.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i suffer the same issue with sugar. if i start on something that is not bad for me at #1 but i continue to eat the whole box. so 100 calories turns into 400. a little granola on my yogurt and berries, turns into half the bag of granola. i immediately start punishing myself and throw out all the sugar i like. CRAZY LADY. after i calm down, i log it on the next day if i have used all my calories for that day. i talk to myself as i would a good friend and say i will try to do better next time. in my head i think i am already the goodyear blimp! i am not overweight, just fit and want to stay that way. no one is perfect, i just logged today what i should not have eaten last night. THE END. JENNIFER
  • kprimaverab
    kprimaverab Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you binge?
    As someone who had bulimia for 8 years I understand the feeling of "uncontrollable" bingeing. But if you find out WHY you binge (stressed, depressed, boredom) you can tackle it before it becomes uncontrollable.