Water. . Water...need more water

Options
So the title says it all....my goal is more water! I have pretty low BP as is...and I work 12 hours days in a printing factory where as u can imagine it gets pretty warm...HOT actually...my water in take is poor (horrible ) so my new goal is MORE WATER! not just to aid in weight loss but to keep hydrated and hopefully up my BP a little cuz getting dizzy at work is no fun.....

Probably isn't the place for a random thought...but I'm hoping this somehow may help me keep up with it

Replies

• WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Remember that by the time you actually experience thirst, you are already dehydrated.

Use mental imagery to imagine a parched desert, and then suddenly a beautiful rain begins to slowly hydrate it with moisture, giving it what it needs to survive - that's you. Everything in you - muscles, tissue, ligaments, that's telling you in every way possible that you need water. Imagine how good cool water feels running down your throat when you are hot and sweaty.

I *always* have water with me. I guzzle a tall glass first thing in the morning, and keep a glass by my bedside at night. Yeah, I get up a couple times a night, but it's all good.
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Buy a water bottle and carry It with you like your wallet. I take mine everywhere, its always full, always with me and I drink 3-6 32 oz bottles a day. Having one at your work place where you can take a sip anytime you want is helpful, then refill on break.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes have a large one with u at work. I have a 1.5 liter bottle on desk. Aim to finish one bottle plus herbal teas. When I go gym take one with me. If waters boring try putting fruit in it for flavor
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You might need a little electrolyte in that water to get your BP up. Gatorade would do it. Or a packet of Gastrolyte if you want to keep the calories low.

I carry my water bottle everywhere.
  • roserobotham
    roserobotham Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If a water bottle isn't convenient to have on you at work you could try a camelback like the long distance cyclists use...Seems extreme but water is pretty important!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If you drink more plain water you'll be flushing more sodium out of your system and that could actually lower your blood pressure. I'd suggest talking to your doctor about this rather than trying something that might actually cause you more harm than good.
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    dgjmrhrmh99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did talk to my dr. And being dehydrated can lower your b/p as well...that and being dehydrated can make you dizzy alone
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    Options
    All very good suggestions...I always have water with me..just don't have time to drink alot of it...constantly (literally ) moving at work and every time I think to take a drink something happens on my machine and I forget...I did good today though managed to get 4 20oz bottles in.....
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do you take your BP on a good water day, to see if you are getting the intended results?
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    Options
    My BP is always fairly low 102/60 not extremely bad (pretty good actually) low but not low enough to have any side effects. But had Dr apt for other reasons and it was 94/52 which is pretty low..I knew it would be because of getting dizzy easily...pretty much the way I roll...overweight smoker with GREAT BP
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    Options
    I often wonder what it would be if I was thin and a non smoker (if these things are proven to raise it)
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Do you take your BP on a good water day, to see if you are getting the intended results?

I was also perscibed a bp machine for at home use due to it sometimes dropping...I track it and bring any odd results to the doctor when I go in for thyroid checks (or sooner if ever needed)
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    Options
    Boo for water intake today :(