Is this normal?

Options
I was losing 2 pounds a week including my weigh in on Monday. Today I weighed and have a 3 pound gain. I drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily and am on a diuretic so I don't think it's fluid retention. I did go off the plan for a couple days last weekend while on vacation but still exercised and have exercised since returning. Should I be alarmed or will the scale level out? I certainly didn't go off the plan enough to gain 3 pounds!

Replies

• msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was losing 2 pounds a week including my weigh in on Monday. Today I weighed and have a 3 pound gain. I drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily and am on a diuretic so I don't think it's fluid retention. I did go off the plan for a couple days last weekend while on vacation but still exercised and have exercised since returning. Should I be alarmed or will the scale level out? I certainly didn't go off the plan enough to gain 3 pounds!
  • onmyway2beingme
    Options
    Hi! I've had the same thing happen to me before. Sometimes, it can have to do with your body, especially if you are female. I used to do WW until it got really expensive, and one thing our leader always told us was that if you lose, lose, lose, you will eventually hit a plateau or even gain a little. It's your body's way of gearing up for more weight loss. Your body has to adjust to your new way of life, and it takes time, and bumps in the road. Keep on doing what you are doing, eating well, and exercising, those three pounds will be gone in no time! :flowerforyou:

60994.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Not to be nosy - but why are you an a diuretic? If it is for medical reasons you may want to inform your physician of the weight gain!

Other than that - it happens! People have ups and downs (especialli after a few off days...i gaines a few lbs last week after cheating for 3 days, now i'm down to lower than before the cheat!)!!

you can do it!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    The scale can make you crazy some times. Just keep doing what you are doing and the scale will catch up with you.

I fluctuate like crazy, but as long as you eventually have an overall downward trend then you are good.

If things don't change after a few days, then look at your goals. Are you eatting enough?
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Have you weighed yourself with more than one scale? I had a bad scale once and it was always giving me inconsistent results.
  • msrn8143
    Options
    Have you weighed yourself with more than one scale? I had a bad scale once and it was always giving me inconsistent results.
    The scale I'm using could certainly be the problem. My home scale shows a one pound weight gain. The scale here at work says 3 but on Monday said 2 pound weight loss. I'll watch it for a few days and see what happens. Thanks for the input!
  • msrn8143
    Options
    Not to be nosy - but why are you an a diuretic? If it is for medical reasons you may want to inform your physician of the weight gain!

Other than that - it happens! People have ups and downs (especialli after a few off days...i gaines a few lbs last week after cheating for 3 days, now i'm down to lower than before the cheat!)!!

you can do it!

The diuretic is for HTN. I am also on another med that does cause some fluid retention and I didn't watch my salt intake very well while on vacation. It is possible it's fluid retention I guess and if so, it will take a few days to disappear. I know the ups and downs will happen but it's just frustrating! I have 6.5 to go to be at my midway point which I hoped to do by Valentine's Day. Thanks for the support. This site is great!
  • msrn8143
    Options
    Thanks for the support! That's what I love about this site. :wink: