Lower sodium intake

Options
Hello, I have a very hard time trying to lower my sodium intake. I am 22 currently bulking, bodybuilding 6 days a week no cardio, and hitting around 3500-5000 calories per day. My everyday meals are oatmeal, 3 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and 1 scoop of super mass gainer with water which is usually adding up to 2700 calories/1900 sodium. All the rest of my calories/sodium are coming from random stuff like home cook meals or sometimes fast food such as subway. I am averaging like 4000 sodium per day which is extremely unhealthy and gets me frustrated every time I input my macros on the site. I am trying to lower it to at least 3000 per day. I know that with bulking I'm going to end up with a high amount of sodium but I'm sure there is some kind of way around it to getting it to 3000. Any suggestions/tips/ideas ?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Why is it unhealthy?

Sodium is fine as long as you don't have any medical condition where a high sodium intake would affect it. I get 6+ grams a day probably
  • kennymoney300
    kennymoney300 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well I've been reading some stuff and seen high sodium intake can lead to high blood pressure and things like that. I don't know I just wanted some advice with people from this site. I have no problem getting my calories, protein, fats and carbs but as for sodium I feel like I'm over doing it. I could be wrong though.
  • dillmilk
    dillmilk Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    High sodium can lead to high blood pressure and heart problem. But when you work out lots, your body sweats lots of salt out so its probably okay if your sodium a is a little high. If you want to cut back, avoid fast food and processed foods. Also, the average person consumes 4000mg even though the recommended daily intake is much lower..