Tell us about your results

Options
Hi everyone, can you all comment your results tracking ykur food and working out nd dieting regularly? Some people outhere (including me) need some motivation

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Ok...I'm 47...and I've lost just over 80 lbs to date...It took me almost two years, but I did it super slowly, the last 12 being here on MFP. I work out at least 4-5 times a week, mostly cardio, but at least one or two strength sessions as well. Tracking has made NOT gaining the weight back MUCH easier! If I can do it, you can do it! Good luck!
  • zeinabhjaber97
    zeinabhjaber97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow thats amazing! It became a lifestyle then, such a strong woman keep up the good work
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the Success Stories forum as well!
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    Over the past 3 years, I have lost 61 pounds. I started at 243 and am now at 182 pounds -- at my 5'4" height that's a size 22/24 down to a solid 16. In addition to MFP, I work out with a trainer 1-2 times per week and take cardio and strength classes at the gym. At 52, I'm in the best shape of my adult life - and I'm constantly amazed by what my body can do!!!! Tracking my food is accountability -- and what keeps me honest.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a TOTAL of 5 years, but I've only been on MFP since late 2012. I lost 20 pounds first with Weight Watchers. Then I started here and lost another 20, then 10, then another 10. Now I'm down to my last (probably) 5 or so pounds to lose.
  • lgregory6540
    lgregory6540 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im 5-4" started at 233 January 2016 and am down 40lbs as of August 2016. I have just been calorie counting and not really exercising- I have a toddler at home so days are busy but am not working out consciously. Just start and do what you can and then start building on it and before you know it you start seeing results and just have to keep the ball rolling. I found the idea of losing weight so overwhelming and intimidating but by committing to one thing at a time have found it manageable! Gotta start somewhere and you don't want to wake up tomorrow thinking you should have started yesterday.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and a type 2 diabetic. In the past year I have lost 35 lbs (a total of 60 lbs from when I was at my heaviest.) I joined MFP last March and also started running. I'm now at my goal weight and have been off my diabetes medication for over a year.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,852 Member
    Options
    I was 48 when I started. It took me 8 months (including a 1-month diet break in the middle) to lose 25 kg/55 lbs. I have been maintaining for about 9 months now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I was a 47 year old obese, asthmatic couch potato suffering from anxiety attacks

Took 9-11 months to lose 55lbs, in maintenance for another 19. Fit and strong, and getting fitter and stronger, no asthma medication for 2 years, no heightened anxiety for same length of time

Still calorie log, still workout..strut a lot more now, in nice clothes and feeling confident
  • Shanamana
    Shanamana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post.

I'm 28 and I did a checkup on July 15th. Doctor said I got 'fatty liver' and 'fatty pancreas' which I guess could lead to diabetes and worse but is reversible.

I was 87.3 kg. Doctor said delete carbs from my diet and lose weight. 70 to 75 kg is ideal for my height.

It's been 33 days and i've lost 11kg.

I just run 30-45 minutes a day and haven't once deviated from the low carb diet. A month ago I couldn't jog more than 5 mins.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    5'3", from 250 lbs to 159 in 570 days. I haven't missed a day on mfp since I sarted. It works to well not to do it every day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    5'1, 38 years old, been doing this for 2 years now. started at 260 lbs, now am 180. I take breaks and am in no rush, but with getting married next year, I will likely get a little more diligent.

I eat what I want, within moderation, eating out, chocolate, beer, whatever. make room for splurges and dont worry about it when im over. i weigh everything on a food scale and eat anywhere from 1200-1400 cals a day on average.

work out anywhere from 3-5 days a week, mostly cardio with some strength work. if im hungry, i eat back some calories, if not, i dont.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Sure. Weighted in at 75kg and decided enough is enough. Lets see if I could get to about 69kg. Well, I'm a scientist by background and I enjoy precise work (weighing). At 68kg I was surprised how easy (note: not fast) it was. I stopped at 57kg and have been keeping my weight there for more than 1.5 years now (water weight varies between 56.5-57.5). I occasionally still track my food, especially if things in my life change, but otherwise I'm fine.

I also have a pretty good idea on how much calories my exercises burn due to rigorous logging and seeing how much additional weight I lost. It's way below what MFP would give me but that's fine as it's pretty much in line with some scientific publications.