I proved to myself that I have made a lifestyle change!

Options
I started MFP in the first week of January, and logged in religiously every day for 150 days - happily losing a total of 28 pounds to that point point...THEN life got a little crazy last month, and I did not log in to MFP for a month! I was petrified to see the results of my month off - Would I be able to maintain the new wieght? If not, how much of the weight would I put back on?

Well I am so happy to say that not only did I NOT put on any wieght in the last month, I have actually LOST a 4 more pounds! And have to-date now lost just over 32 pounds since joining MFP in January!

So I guess I have proven to myself that by using MFP to help keep me aware of my food intake & exercise I have truely made a long-term change to the way I eat and the way I move (or don't move as was my former case).

So I am back on track with MFP, and intend to keep on logging in daily ~ but I won't beat myself up if I find I need to take a short break from it. My next goal is 20 pounds away, then the final goal is 25 more after that. And regardless of how long it takes to get there, I WILL get there ~ because I know now that I CAN trust myself to "do the right thing" when it comes to my diet and exercise, and that's something I never would have said 6 months ago!

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear this! Good for you :)
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    That is fantastic - congrats and great to have you back!!!!
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great story. Very inspirational. Keep up the great work.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! That is awesome!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I know so many people who worry if they'll be able to kep up this lifestyle on their own. No doubt about it that you can!!! Congratulations!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great! i'm going to try to be more consistent i usually stop after a few days and my diet goes downhill. I've been logging in this whole week and I want to keep it up to see some results. I think this site is really good for me because i have to log food and exercise everyday so it helps me to remember my goals hopefully i'll be able to stay on track like you. This seriously takes motivation and discipline
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • jacknellis
    jacknellis Posts: 16
    Options
    Well done :)
  • stepha1013
    stepha1013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is really great! Welcome back!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!