VACATION TIPZ?

Options
i am on my way to the airport to go on vacation for one week. it wouldnt be without the support of this community that i would approach my travels OPTIMISTIC that i can continue the weight loss journey despite the bars restaurants and stressful family!! but what has helped you? what do you recommend??? thank you!!!

Replies

• DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    just stop going to the bars and restaurants or if you do, order only good food.
  • mrflipmode
    mrflipmode Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can do anything about stressful family, i cant about mine ! :)
    Maybe some good music and headphones.

Try drinking lots of water to keep you feeling full, or having chewing gum, fools the brain into thinking
    you're eating, apparently.

Try and stick to clean foods, rice, pasta, roast skinless chicken etc.

Good luck with the family, don't let them stress you out, or you'll end up comfort drinking !
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    enjoy yourself, get back to eating at a deficit when you're home.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just keep this image in your mind and have a lovely time! (But keep active and keep eating healthy)
    48i1ng4dj7b5.jpeg
    From https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/art-of-donald-mcgill/
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt ever go on vacation to or with my family. and if i did, all my calories would be consumed via alcohol.

and not a single f given ....

anyways, ive taken 4 vacations in the past 2 years and dont count anything on them. 80 pounds down. it obviously doesnt do long term damage. enjoy yourself, know the scale will be up a few pounds when you return, but if you quickly gt back in your habits, it falls back off quick enough... most of it is sodium/water weight, anyways.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    It's vacation. Have awesome food and enjoy yourself.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much. Stay active during your trip and just don't overdo it. Enjoy your vacation and get back into your regular routine when you return. Don't jump right on the scale when you get home...if you are eating out a lot, you'll likely have some water gain from increased sodium. Give it a few days and the actual damage won't be as bad as you think.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I go all out on vacation. Life is too short to worry about one week.

Go all out and get back on track when you come back to real life. It's a blip on the screen. Maybe you'll gain one maybe two pounds at most. Big deal.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Don't go mad on the food and alcohol front, eat normally and have some treats. Stay active. Walks on the beach or sight seeing and so on.

Enjoy yourself!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Vegplotter wrote: »
    Just keep this image in your mind and have a lovely time! (But keep active and keep eating healthy)
    48i1ng4dj7b5.jpeg

What is this supposed to do? :huh:
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I went to an all-inclusive in Jamaica earlier this summer. For ME, I absolutely logged everything I ate. I kind of followed the 2-1 rule where I was very careful for two meals -- generally breakfast and lunch -- and then gave myself a bit more flexibility with dinner and even alcohol. I never felt like I was depriving myself. I would have exercised every day if they had had an appropriate facility. When I came back, I was only up by 2 pounds and jumped right back into being much tighter with my meals.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    I went to an all-inclusive in Jamaica earlier this summer. For ME, I absolutely logged everything I ate. I kind of followed the 2-1 rule where I was very careful for two meals -- generally breakfast and lunch -- and then gave myself a bit more flexibility with dinner and even alcohol. I never felt like I was depriving myself. I would have exercised every day if they had had an appropriate facility. When I came back, I was only up by 2 pounds and jumped right back into being much tighter with my meals.

I think this is a great philosophy for people who want to be careful on vacation. Don't deprive yourself...it is vacation after all...but also don't mindlessly eat and drink the whole time. Good strategy.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    48i1ng4dj7b5.jpeg

This is mean and unnecessary. Please don't try to paint overweight people as gross and encourage people to imagine them to disgust themselves into eating properly.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »
    48i1ng4dj7b5.jpeg

This is mean and unnecessary. Please don't try to paint overweight people as gross and encourage people to imagine them to disgust themselves into eating properly.

I agree. Rude.

5n6jyu2r86hx.jpg