Time to take responsibility

Options
I will be 49 in November and have about 90-115 lbs. to lose. I keep saying tomorrow I’ll start getting serious but then when tomorrow comes I forget all about what I said yesterday and the cycle just repeats itself. Well, today IS the day I take responsibility and start on this weight loss journey. If I put in writing it makes it more real so here it is.

Replies

• CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding that today is the day. My day was 7 months ago, and and I was in the exact same cycle - a perpetual starter...but not a finisher. Writing it down is helpful, and I encourage you to log every bite! Everything, no exceptions! Share your diary, and hold yourself accountable to your fitness pals. Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • redraider1
    redraider1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My day was 46 days ago... feel free to add me!
  • karagriss
    karagriss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have made sure to log everything (even the beer) and I have gone over a few days but the more I log the more I see how it all affects the scale. I am down 1.4 lbs so far so this is motivation to keep going. We have planned a cruise for my 50th in 2017 so I want to be down 100 lbs by then. That gives me 15 months to work hard and make changes.