Feeling frustrated

Options
I quit smoking 1 year and 8 months ago and gained some weight as a result. I have about 25-30 pounds to lose. I began to really change my eating habits and kick up my exercise routine 3 weeks ago. I have been in the gym 5-6 times a week. I practice yoga 6 nights a week. I have cut way back on calories and have been eating clean (tiny portions)....I have gone ALL IN. The first two weeks I lost a total of about 5 pounds. So after all of this hard work, I weigh in this morning to discover that I actually gained almost 2 pounds! WTH???? I feel like I am never going to lose this weight and I just want to give up.

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hi - former Clevelander here!

Here's what we need to know in order to help you:
    1) Height and current weight

2) Are you weighing all solids and measuring non-solids? All the "clean" eating in the world won't matter. It's all about calories in/calories out.

3) If you just "kicked up" your exercise level, you may be retaining some water. It will come off.

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    that's totally normal. The first month or so is usually water weight. Also weight can change day to day depending on lots of stuff. I only weight myself once a month, always in the mornings, before my shower.

Don't give in you can do it!
  • Skiracer
    Skiracer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello former Clevelander! I am 5'7" and current weight is 159.2. I weigh/measure just about everything and monitor my water intake to make sure I am drinking enough. I went from 2-3 workouts a week to 5-6 workouts a week. I practice yoga everyday and also do distance cycling. I am dealing with a lot of belly fat (menopause does not help! LOL). My mid section is my biggest problem.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey, Sounds Like You're Doing Great! You Should Aim To Lose 1-2 Lbs A Week And You're Doing Just That. As For The Gain, You Cant Rely Solely On The Scale To Gauge Progress. Include Before And After Photos, Measurements, How Your Clothes Fit, Compliments From Other People, And How You Feel As Well.. Yo Weight Will Fluctuate Frequently Due To MAny Factors So Don't Sweat That 2lbs!
  • kellyboyd1
    kellyboyd1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!! Remember the scale is not your friend and muscle does weigh more than fat. Check your BMI at the gym every month and if it's going down your on the right track. I did a complete cleanse and detox and it helped a lot but talk to your doctor first.