hey friends! (newbie)

Options
I'm pretty new around here. I have used MFP before, but never consistently. I made this new account to start fresh, because my mindset about losing weight this time is very different. I have quite a bit to lose, as I gained a lot while I was depressed. I consider this a lifestyle change, as I've tried several times to "diet".

I'm currently using the IIFYM approach to dieting and I love it so far. I love lifting weights, and my goals right now are to gain strength and lose fat. My end goal is definitely to be a fitness role model for others, and to coach others to reaching their goals.

I never succeeded in my goals before because I didn't believe that I could do it - but now that I have spent so much time researching, on my own, about nutrition and strength training, I'm confident in my knowledge and I'm ready to transform into a butterfly! I understand the power of visualization, and I'm just super happy to have this opportunity. I'm looking to meet people with similar goals/mindset, or just anyone with a similar ambition :)

Replies

• beardybuddha
    beardybuddha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mind over matter. Only reason I've been able to go from 330 to currently 240 is discipline. What's worked well for me is cutting out stuff I consider junk, including my favoritest thing ever: pizza. No fried food either.

But it sounds like you have some things under control now. Wishing you the best!!