Nice little 1000 Calories Workout

I completed this, at 6.30 this morning, felt sick afterwards but nowt like smashing yourself first thing. No breaks but pace yourself and drink at every opportunity

2k Row - 9 min
2k Run - 10 Min
2k Cross Trainer - 15 min
2k Row - 9 min
2k Run - 10 Min

Total = 68 Mins & feeling sick

You could just do one round, or 1k's lots of variation options it depends on your fitness levels and how hard you want to push yourself.

I didn't have a break but didn't go flat out either.

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Sounds killer - what's a crosstrainer? Is that an elliptical?
    Getting bored with my current cardio routine so I may try this tomorrow for kittens and giggles. I have my doubts about the 1000 calorie burn, though.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    I like the idea of mixing up cardio in that way, but I'd be surprised if I burnt even 600 calories doing that, to be honest.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Does it come with the beer?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i wouldn't burn 1000 cals either :cry:
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    I burn about 750 calories in an hour of running. So 1000 in that workout is possible depending on how hard you push yourself.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    I'm curious.....how did you calculate the 1,000 cal burn? (It seems a little high for the activities/distances involved involved.....I run and row)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Le sigh....that would be about 400 calories for me. I could see a big boy burning that much however.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    2k Row - 9 min
    2k Run - 10 Min
    2k Row - 9 min
    2k Run - 10 Min

Total = 68 Mins & feeling sick

Respectable training paces, but for me about 500 calories. What weight are you to be pushing 1000 calories from that?

• jdawson002
    jdawson002 Posts: 167 Member
    surely it depends what resistance everyone sets their machines too. I'm fairly new to exercising but can burn 400 calories in 30 minutes on the elliptical on high resistance.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    zpihaq3ljb1s.jpg

This is the only way, tbh.

:'(
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I don't doubt that the workout was hard.

But a calorie is a measure of energy to which you need to know weight (mass), speed or effort, and duration. From what you posted we only know duration. Mass and speed will be different for everyone so I'm not sure how you can claim it to be a 1000 calorie burn.

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    jdawson002 wrote: »
    surely it depends what resistance everyone sets their machines too. I'm fairly new to exercising but can burn 400 calories in 30 minutes on the elliptical on high resistance.

Mostly depends on weight. My husband and I can do the same workout and he will burn 2x the number of calories as I do.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    100 laps in a 25 yard pool. And no wiping sweat from the eyes. :D