Proof that hard work pays off..

Options
No_Knock
No_Knock Posts: 52 Member
Proof that if you really want to do something, you can: October 2014, I barely passed my Army PT test to save my career. I was being processed for discharge for not maintaining the fitness standards, unless I could pass my PT test. I passed, but barely.

This morning, I fell just 6 points shy of a perfect score on my test. 294 out of a possible 300. Two minutes for: 77 pushups, 81 sit ups, and a 13:47 two mile run. I dropped the weight necessary (35lbs) to fall within the Army height/ weight standards and didn't require having my body fat measured.

My slogan for myself is NoKnock. (Stolen from an All that Remains song and fun, bc it's my favorite combat maneuver. Sort of neat, bc the quote I posted from The Rock a few days ago was just dumb luck in finding.) You don't wait. You don't ask permission. You don't sit around and let everyone else get nice and comfy, happy, and ready for you to do what needs to be done. You don't knock. You kick in the door and it's speed & violence from there. The only person who can put in that work and that effort is you. You're accountable to yourself, no one is accountable for you. It's never an easy road and the difficulty is part of what you're earning. You're earning the achievment of your goal and all of the lessons that come with it. Working for it isn't just going to make you thin and fit, it's going to change you as a person. Get up, kick *kitten*, forget the names, and just smile when you get to go home.

Replies

• BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • tishcourt54
    tishcourt54 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job! Inspirational!
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

for the record I kicked a kitten when I got up this morning he wasn't really happy about it but it was dark and an accident.
  • No_Knock
    No_Knock Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yeaa...the whole *kitten* thing. Not my idea, but it happens I suppose. At least, MFP seems to think that's the word that should go there (I'll leave it). As a cat owner, I can attest to kicking full grown cats in the dark, by accident.
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Thanks for you service. I'm former Army, used to score 100 on situps, pushups, but that two mile run... man... I can't run, would always just barely be pulling a 60, I know that pressure.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    love your attitude! i'm going to remember 'no knock' when i'm at the gym later!
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    great job and thanks to both of you for your service
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    NoKnock - love it!! Thank you for your service and great job improving yourself!
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! I also used to have trouble with those PT tests, once you stop making excuses and put in the work, the actual test is an easy PT day. WTG
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!